Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

graphite rims

SgtBadA

Reaction score
so I recently painted my stock rims since they were fading and starting to slowly chip away.. so I went with duplicolor graphite wheel paint and duplicolor clear coat wheel paint plus a filler primer.. I really liked how the filler primer worked on the rims.. made the graphite paint stick without effort. highly recommended for future projects for anyone. anyways here are a few pics

P.S. the overspray is already gone, but I do suggest not being lazy and taping off your tires before starting.. lesson learned.

Before
picture.php

After
picture.php

I added the TRD to the rims to add a different look.. wanted something that would stand out a bit more
picture.php

picture.php

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Nice! It would really pop if you did the Toyota symbol in the middle of the wheel red too.

TommyXrunner

Reaction score
definitely my fave colour on the stockers!! i don't see why more people aren't choosing this over black. looks perfect man :top:

oh and paint your chrome toyota emblem on the grill black! little things make a big difference :top:

Last edited:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
nice!

reminds me of the good ol' graphite wheel days lol deff loved the look at first but after almost a year of rocking them i went black with black and red emblem cant say i dont love it! but hey thats the good thing about these trucks there is so much you can do to them and they always look sexy, might go back to graphite once i get bored of black lol

front_zpscd913c23.jpg

null_zpsb23ff646.jpg

X-FREAK

Reaction score
I've had this color on my BSP for a while starting to chip alittle but I love the color over black, I blacked out my center emblems to kinda stand out

lingenfelterm

Reaction score
I too chose to do the Dupli-Color Graphite rims. I had a little bit of trouble with my first can of paint. It kept coming out really "Gritty?" and I had to strip down both wheels and try again. I'm pretty happy with how they all turned out. Laying the paint on a little heavier made the difference for me. I started with a 600 grit wet sand, followed by 2 coats of self etching primer, 2 medium wet coats of Graphite Wheel Paint and two medium wet coats of clear. I'm going to paint the Toyota logo in the center black to set them off a little bit (Just saw that this idea was previously mentioned). (Yes, my 13 year old dachshund photo-bombed my first picture) The color is interesting, it looks a little different depending upon the lighting. Sometimes they look more gray, and sometimes there's a hint of greyish bronze to it. Overall, very happy. Thanks for inspiring me with your photos and persuading my color choice :top:

Attachments

• Stock Wheel.jpg
    Stock Wheel.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 263
  • Painted Wheel.jpg
    Painted Wheel.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Wheel Painted.jpg
    Wheel Painted.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

SgtBadA

Reaction score
I too chose to do the Dupli-Color Graphite rims. I had a little bit of trouble with my first can of paint. It kept coming out really "Gritty?" and I had to strip down both wheels and try again. I'm pretty happy with how they all turned out. Laying the paint on a little heavier made the difference for me. I started with a 600 grit wet sand, followed by 2 coats of self etching primer, 2 medium wet coats of Graphite Wheel Paint and two medium wet coats of clear. I'm going to paint the Toyota logo in the center black to set them off a little bit (Just saw that this idea was previously mentioned). (Yes, my 13 year old dachshund photo-bombed my first picture) The color is interesting, it looks a little different depending upon the lighting. Sometimes they look more gray, and sometimes there's a hint of greyish bronze to it. Overall, very happy. Thanks for inspiring me with your photos and persuading my color choice :top:

Your welcome man. The paint chipped off though so I got them powder coated a couple months ago. Right now I'm rolling on a set of black stock wheels powder coated flat black. Can't wait to put the graphite ones back on

Top Bottom