Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help! Problem with transmission and URD stage3 clutch

Pernati

Reaction score
Here is my problem. 1000miles ago i changed my clutch, URD stage 3 was installed. There was no aggressive driving and other like that. Now sometimes it's hard to switch 1 ,2 and back gears. After some clutch pump it switchs. I changed clutch master and release cylider it didn't help. What's wrong?

justin13703

Reaction score
Here is my problem. 1000miles ago i changed my clutch, URD stage 3 was installed. There was no aggressive driving and other like that. Now sometimes it's hard to switch 1 ,2 and back gears. After some clutch pump it switchs. I changed clutch master and release cylider it didn't help. What's wrong?

Sounds like you might have air in the lines. You might want to try bleeding the system again

Gadget

Reaction score
That and you may need to properly adjust the clutch.

G

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
G is right - adjust the clutch!!

I don't know where my copy is but there is a factory procedure to go thru to adjust it.
Mine needs the pedal rod lengthened slightly as it won't fully release and it "catches" when I try to put it in gear because it is still under load!

Dave

TRON

Reaction score
My clutch does the same exact thing after the URD clutch upgrade.. Pumping the clutch does help especially during start up and cold weather. After my truck warms up usually is fine. Could be the redline mt 90. I have adjusted the clutch rod up and down and everywhere in between. Never have found the sweet spot of the so called proper adjustment.

Pernati

Reaction score
sounds bad=((( i wil try to do my best. Someone called to URD with this problem ?

Gadget

Reaction score
The question is have you called URD Tech Support??

G

rennurx

Reaction score
you have I adjust our clutches? hmm never did that wen I put mine in.

TRON

Reaction score
The question is have you called URD Tech Support??

G

Yes, the info URD informed me with was to make sure the clutch engages 1/3 distance up from when the clutch pedal is fully depressed to fully released... If there is any other fix to properly adjusting the clutch, I'm all ears. My shifting is better lately, however, little concerned about slight vibration on clutch pedal when fully released.

Pernati

Reaction score
What i have now. I changed fluid in clutch system and still no changes. Tomorrow will e-mail URD with this problem =((( i hope they know what the problem is

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
They'll get it sorted out, their customer service is awesome.

killer2239

Reaction score
I have the same issue basically. Still been pending my truck getting back to the shop due to my schedule along with my friend/mechanics work load. Hoping to get it in within the next 2 weeks. We will try the clutch adjustments Gadget is referring to as well. As soon as I have an update I will let you know.

beni26

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old but any update on a fix? I also have this issue...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried calling URD?

Did you thoroughly bleed the clutch line?

Are all of the fittings, for the clutch line, tight? If not, it is possible that the fitting will barely seep and/or let air in the system.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Did the stage 3+ clutch install and had the same issue. Once I adjusted the clutch it worked perfectly. I only have about 200miles on the clutch and lightweight flywheel. Def takes getting used to the clutch. I also removed my clutch fluid accumulator from the system big difference in a good way.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Clutch fluid accumulator?

x-runner kid

Reaction score
The accumulator is the little box that sits on the side of the transmission. It's part of the hydraulic system that is between the slave cylinder and master cylinder. It makes the clutch pedal softer so I am told. Mine got cross threaded so I took it out and it's a much better pedal feel. Makes the clutch move fast in my opinion as well.

Top Bottom