Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

How do you dry your truck?

What is your method of Drying?

• Total voters

KX7

Reaction score
I use the air at my shop works every time.

bangbang

Reaction score
im with a couple other guys i use the absorber its amazing

JerseyXR07

Reaction score
i just take the long way home from the car wash and drive really fast.

dramad1

Reaction score
I knock off the main water with a squig then throw my blower on all the cracks. My neighbor thinks this is hilarious but it gets that water out and prevents the tears after its all dried. Then I hit it with a sham and finish off with my polishing cloth to get any water spots up that the sham left by chance. Bsp or blk as well as white rides are hard to get that clean finish. White with the wax and blk with the streaks and smears.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
I knock off the main water with a squig then throw my blower on all the cracks. My neighbor thinks this is hilarious but it gets that water out and prevents the tears after its all dried. Then I hit it with a sham and finish off with my polishing cloth to get any water spots up that the sham left by chance. Bsp or blk as well as white rides are hard to get that clean finish. White with the wax and blk with the streaks and smears.

Lol, I just washed my truck for the first time today......... god damn trees...I wash, tree shits on me, I dry...tree shits some more, I wax, you guessed it, more tree shit.... Next time I am going to a wash bay.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
LOL. Might be wise to move somewhere besides under that tree next time.

COMEGETSOME

Reaction score
shop air and mico fiber:rockon:every week with out fail sometimes twice if it gets dirty

Moneyblind

Reaction score
LOL. Might be wise to move somewhere besides under that tree next time.

Yea, I thought the same thing, Then I realized that tree is EFFING huge and covers my whole driveway and half the street with its slime and seeds....lol.....

But, My x comes first, so next time, I might justgo all Lumber Jack on it and get it over with.

dramad1

Reaction score
moneyblind said:
Yea, I thought the same thing, Then I realized that tree is EFFING huge and covers my whole driveway and half the street with its slime and seeds....lol.....

But, My x comes first, so next time, I might justgo all Lumber Jack on it and get it over with.

Or you can buy a car canopy or easy up. It would help at least after you washed it.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Or you can buy a car canopy or easy up. It would help at least after you washed it.

What is this easy up that you speak off???

I am military and living in the dorms for now, currently on leave in oklahoma for surgery and that is where the tree is :p Easy up, sounds like a giant tent...if so..thats pretty smart.

dramad1

Reaction score
moneyblind said:
What is this easy up that you speak off???

I am military and living in the dorms for now, currently on leave in oklahoma for surgery and that is where the tree is :p Easy up, sounds like a giant tent...if so..thats pretty smart.

It's a quick set up canopy. They have ones screened in if you want. Various sizes and go for around $100-150. Open box take it out of bag and it opens kind of like an umbrella. Easy up. Taking it down is quick and as simple as setting it up. just an idea. You could pull it out when detailing the rides.

Attachments

• image-1964049068.jpg
    image-1964049068.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 204

Moneyblind

Reaction score
mmmmmmmm I like it! I would get some badass looks in the parking lot by setting this beast up :p Thanks for the info, I just might pick one up a little later!

There are some 10 X 15 ones on ebay, cheap, but serves there purpose! 90 bucks; noice.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
With 6-15 psi. :crinklehair:

COMAtose HI

Reaction score
i drive my truck down the highway and dry it with a bunch of towels and it's still wet. NOTHING dries here in the pacific northwest.

gearhead899

Reaction score
I use a leaf blower to get the water out of some of the cracks and stuff that it likes to hide in, then i towel dry to get the rest :top:

Iggy08

Reaction score
It takes me forever just to dry my X, I use the chamios (I didn't even know what it was, but my dad has a few in his garage we've always used haha).

I might try using the leaf blower or just driving it down the high way, but does this leave spots? I hate seeing any kind of spots on my X, so I rather not if it looks too bad.

STEP X

Reaction score
I like the Absorber but from this read I'm definitely thinking ill try the air compressor or the leaf blower. Follow it up with a quick detailer to clean up any loose water spots.

Top Bottom