Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

i have an xr dilemma...

blu xr

Reaction score
some of you know ive been looking for a new dd for my wife. due to a rising medical condition she is having a hard & painful time shifting gears. all 6 of our cars are manual as is the xr which is her daily. i was hoping to get the xr as my dd when i found her something, but its not looking good cause she says we have too many to upkeep & pay insur, tags, etc.

the dilemma is...

her plan: she wants to get a pre-runner, in swb of coarse. she wants auto & a 4 door...namely "real" back seats for passangers lol. all our cars are paid for except the xr, which we only owe $800 on. she wants to remain debt/payment free. her solution: trade in the xr and sell my 2000 ws6 t/a (aka green monster) and the 99 mustang :dontknow:

she wants to widdle down my fleet to just 3 cars...her truck, my rx7 & my supra.

my cars in the order i love them...

1. 93 jdm supra h/t (no-brainer)

2. 93 tt rx-7 (very fun custom car)

3. 00 ws-6 t/a (ditto. also my amer. muscle lol)

4. 05 xr (hoped to have as dd so i dont put so many mile on the above mentioned)

5. 90 nissan hardbody mini truck project (my first new vehicle...sentimental value lol)

6. 99 mustang (orig bought to build a sleeper but decided to sell to fund supra mods)

my plan: get her the pre-runner & have a payment for about 3 yrs. keep the xr for me. keep the other cars except the mustang. eventually add an nsx to my dream cars. i think the only way i can keep my cars and the xr is to install an auto trans...yeah, i know! has this been done before? links? suggestions on which to use?

sorry this turned out to be as long as a novel.

thx in advance.

Limitless

Reaction score
I'm guessing theres a reason she wants another truck as her DD? I would say keep the XR for yourself since its a good dependable DD and get her a sedan or something that has a smooth ride (plus itl have better gas milage and most likely lower insurance). And if you had to keep two others i would keep the Supra and the T/A but thats because I used to race the F-Body's alot growing up.

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
U do have a lot of cars....heck Idk how manage upkeep of all the insurances that's a lot of money...lol...well id be stuck too cuz I like having a collection like that too.

roy365

Reaction score
I'd have to go Supra, Prerunner, and WS6.

blu xr

Reaction score
lol...what about the auto trans swap idea & me keeping all my cars? pics of the rides...

the supra...

DSCF5254.jpg

the rx7 & mustang...

DSCF5820.jpg

the t/a...

SANY0470.jpg

the xr (pretty much stock) & the lowrider behind it...

DSCF4315.jpg

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
I have an auto trans ill sell ya if you go that route!!

asianized

Reaction score
You've got some sweet looking rides there!!! Don't get rid of the X, I would pickup a Prerunner

roy365

Reaction score
Yes definitely after seeing the WS6....no doubt I'd have to keep it. Hey grab her a Trailblazer SS. I just got rid of one and they are fun. Auto for her.......fast & fun for you! I see a few in that pic of your Supra. You already have a truck.....keep it.

easts1d3

Reaction score

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
that is one sweet loooking supra,rx7, and of course the XR...but i say if you get another ride

get the 2012 XR :D

Top Bottom