Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

If you have a supercharger, VISUALLY check your intercooler coolant!!!

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
UPDATE
******TOYOTA LEFT A PLUG IN THE HEAT EXCHANGER*****

Well, today I had some time to replace the hose I thought may have some internal blockage due to it being the only 1 I could see with a 90 degree bend. I had a spare I just bought and upon removal, I was greeted by a plastic PLUG in the heat exchangers INLET!!!!

I paid toyota $800 to do the blower install so i wouldnt have to worry about screwing anything up!

HERES THE UPDATED VIDEOS
plug in the heat exchangers inlet

The truck put back together with the PLUG REMOVED and coolant cycled/purged of air

*****following vids are older and before I found the problem, good for comparison tho****

1st one you can see me over by the grille to show you the pump motor is "running" and then I show the reservoir barely, barely, barley moving any fluid.

2nd video is after I siphoned out some coolant so it was below the return line in order to see how much, if ANY coolant was being brought through the system..... a TRICKLE

3rd video is a friends, and this shows the little whirlpool I THOUGHT it was supposed to look like.

Many thanks to Whippersnatcher

I just ordered 2 new pumps today, should be here friday... 1 is for a gt500, and the other is a bosch based off of the toyota part#

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I think mine is even more vigorous than that last one...

Gadget

Reaction score
The pump impeller is not directly connected to the motor. It uses a magnetic coupling. The motor drives a magnet and the impeller that is inside of the pump housing has magnets in it and spin with the magnets on the motor. I think the reason for this is to prevent leaks and in case the impeller freezes it won't destroy the motor.

So, just because you hear the motor running does not mean it is pumping.

XMPLRY808

Reaction score
Yea I could hear my pump go on randomly without the engine even on. Would it be better to have a manual switch for the pump?

Gadget

Reaction score
That is normal. TRD picked a bad source to trigger the pump from.

As the vehicle sits for a period of time the ECU will power up to conduct diagnostic checks and when it does that causes the pump to start running. Don't worry about it, does not hurt anything.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me know what you find out here @wolfpack_5150. My truck sits A LOT now that I work out of my home office. I went out to start it the other day and just let it run for 15-20 minutes and decided to check all my fluids. To my surprise, when I opened my coolant reservoir mine didn't appear to be moving at all either. I immediately remembered seeing your thread.

Can you post the product numbers for the motors you ordered or let me know which one ended up working?

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Let me know what you find out here @wolfpack_5150. My truck sits A LOT now that I work out of my home office. I went out to start it the other day and just let it run for 15-20 minutes and decided to check all my fluids. To my surprise, when I opened my coolant reservoir mine didn't appear to be moving at all either. I immediately remembered seeing your thread.

Can you post the product numbers for the motors you ordered or let me know which one ended up working?

Bosch 0392022002 is the exact same as the toyota part but costs $93 from amazon instead of $500ish at toyota

FORD# M-8501-MSVT is the same exact pump BUT comes with a special bracket thats removable.

I have low flow still, even after swapping out, so Im gunna be tearing into hoses soon.

the actual numbers in the molding are the same for all 3 as well

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Pumps just came in, aside from a removable bracket on the ford pump changing the model# slightly they are the same. The body of each pump matches.

Gt4CJ8.jpg

R6P3Sd.jpg

tJSo1I.jpg

67V5Kn.jpg

xFoIzZ.jpg

DneI57.jpg

QJ5Fg0.jpg

xfBLBi.jpg

mYnft3.jpg

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting all the info and please let me know what you find. I don't have a garage and it's 20 degrees outside so I'm not going out to work on mine any time soon but I will need to drive it sooner than later. I've also got some noise coming from the supercharger itself that concerns me something may be wrong with the rotor pack. I'm gonna try to get a video posted tonight.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Bosch 0392022002 is the exact same as the toyota part but costs $93 from amazon instead of $500ish at toyota

SON OF A BITCH, that would have been nice to know when I was piecing together my kit. Had to order the pump, from Toyota Parts Deal....$282 :mad:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Thanks for posting all the info and please let me know what you find. I don't have a garage and it's 20 degrees outside so I'm not going out to work on mine any time soon but I will need to drive it sooner than later. I've also got some noise coming from the supercharger itself that concerns me something may be wrong with the rotor pack. I'm gonna try to get a video posted tonight.

no problem Ill prolly dive into things tomorrow.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
SON OF A BITCH, that would have been nice to know when I was piecing together my kit. Had to order the pump, from Toyota Parts Deal....$282 :mad:

hey u did better than the 500 i heard about, and even my buddy at toyota could only bring it down to 400 :)

Coupe

Reaction score
When I went through this a few years ago, I added a temperature gauge and a warning light. The warning light does not do much, but tells you you have power to the pump. This way if you have a blown fuse, you know it.

The temperature gauge is a delta gauge. It measure the inlet temp vs the outlet temp. If both temps are the same, water is not flowing.

The green light on the pillar pod tells me the pump has power.

The delta temp gauges (lower) tells me it is working. When you first turn the truck on, the temps will be the same.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
When I went through this a few years ago, I added a temperature gauge and a warning light. The warning light does not do much, but tells you you have power to the pump. This way if you have a blown fuse, you know it.

The temperature gauge is a delta gauge. It measure the inlet temp vs the outlet temp. If both temps are the same, water is not flowing.

The green light on the pillar pod tells me the pump has power.

The delta temp gauges (lower) tells me it is working. When you first turn the truck on, the temps will be the same.

I know you've answered this for me before but what is the normal delta under normal driving? I'm trying to find another option for that gauge. I can't justify $500 on one gauge.

And the power light, are you just tapped downstream of the fuse on the yellow wire or did you run a wire all the way up from the pump?

Coupe

Reaction score
I know you've answered this for me before but what is the normal delta under normal driving? I'm trying to find another option for that gauge. I can't justify $500 on one gauge.

And the power light, are you just tapped downstream of the fuse on the yellow wire or did you run a wire all the way up from the pump?
I didn't spend $500 for the gauge. I searched on ebay for a few weeks and found one cheaper. They pop up from time to time.
The delta is only a few degrees.
I ran a dedicated circuit for just the pump.

Top Bottom