Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

it has been decided: new car coming soon

lucke

Reaction score
so, i've broken several mounting tabs on my trucks body kit after never really hitting anything that should have broken those tiny plastic tabs... and i'm over it. the cleaner i try to keep it, the more inviting it is for events beyond my control to occur.

owning a truck was a fantastic experience... one that may come back around at some point in time (but probably not a 2wd). i've used it to move myself a few times, and help move others as well.

i've come to the conclusion that its time to move on. depending on certain factors coming up in my life, i will be getting rid of the truck (either selling or trading in depending on trade in price vs amount owed vs actually being able to sell it) in favor of a '11 WRX sedan (most likely the limited). as i've been seeing more and more of the car, i've become more and more impressed with what subie has done to make a boring car (08-10) turn into a true looker. also, i can't wait to play around with an AWD car that was purpose built for dirt/gravel/mud/snow/rain/etc... maybe i'll finally get up to the mountains soon after as well.

this is of course assuming that the subie varient of the FT-86 doesn't get officially announced before buying the rex...

2011_subaru_impreza_wrx_sedan_11_cd_gallery.jpg

2011_subaru_impreza_wrx_sedan_6_cd_gallery.jpg

comments and opinions are always welcomed.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
My friend got is Subaru put on steroid. He said "I had a stallion before now it's a BEAST he call it". 375 hp at the wheels.

Jwall

Reaction score
I am a big fan of AWD cars as well as subaru and always wanted one. Hope your purchase goes well! Note the only thing i can say is i like the rear end and sides of the car but the front doesnt turn my crank lol.. im just sayin. my opinion haha

Cheers!

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
My friend might want to sell his WRX. After the new add-ons, to noisy for his wife. He didn't expect to end up with a BEAST.

PiNkY

Reaction score
Cool ride man. Personally I've never owned a car so I don't think I could make that jump. I always use the truck for the bed and if I'm really itching for speed I'm planning on getting a bike. If I ever did decide to go to the dark side it would totally be an AWD like the above. Good luck w/ the switch bro keep us updated w/ the purchase and mods. :top:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
lol you comeback and decide to sell the truck.

I like the WRX go for it.

XDsm

Reaction score
I have actually been thinking about trading my XR next year for one of those as well. I really like the new look of the 2011 WRX and am finding myself needing less of a truck and more of a car as time goes on. I love my XR but it's big, uses a lot of gas, and has limited interior room. I don't really use the bed as much anymore like I used to. I'll be moving early next year so I will see after that whether I will keep the XR or not.

Have they released the pricing on the 2011 yet? Let me know what the dealer offers you on trade in so I can get an idea on what to expect.

lucke

Reaction score
Per a post on NASIOC.com

http://media.subaru.com/index.php?s=43&item=179

For those that don't facebook, but want a direct link.

And to simplify things (somewhat):

WRX (Base Trim)
sedan/hatchback - $25,495 MSRP

WRX (Premium Trim)
sedan/hatchback - $27,995 MSRP

WRX (Limited Trim)
sedan/hatchback - $28,995 MSRP

STI (Base Trim)
sedan - $33,995 MSRP

STI (Base Trim)
hatchback - $35,995 MSRP

STI (Limited Trim)
sedan - $37,345 MSRP

many people who have pre-ordered them are getting $500-1000 under invoice. a few cars have already been received as well.

xrgilly

Reaction score
i did the truck to a car thing within 3 months i wanted my truck back so i waited about 2 years and couldnt take it anymore traded my 09 corolla in on my 09 xr i dont think ill ever go back to just a car other then a winter and daily ill always have a pick up of somesort

lucke

Reaction score
took a test drive of the 2010 WRX and i must say... the power band is among the smoothest i've ever felt. the ride was smooth, and almost too smooth for a performance vehicle (which will also be addressed by the 2011's stiffer subframe bushings and wider wheels/body)... overall, i can't wait to test drive the 2011...

07SWB

Reaction score
Well as much as I hate to see you sell your xrunner, I've been expecting it for a long time now.. good luck brotha!

Keep in mind guys lucke was one of the first xru members..

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
lol i was about to send you a message brian asking what happened to your truck ... ive been seeing it infront of St Josephs hospital/CHOC, noticed it because your distinctive license plate ... nice choice in the next car, im wanting a WRX myself, but the funds arent just there yet, and im almost done paying off the truck so id rather wait :thumpdown:

lucke

Reaction score
i've been playing with the many payment calculators online and i think its funny how i can get a more expensive car with cheaper payments than my truck... gotta see what APR i can actually get though (i should be able to qualify for the 2.9% they're offering right now)...

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Don't like anyone to get rid of their X, but you know your opinion is what counts. have to do what make u happy. I think you will be happy with that car if you get one. Its nice, not my style, but def nice. I have decided my next vehicle will be a sports car of some kind. We have two trucks. Once mine is paid for, its off to shop for a new ride. GL and I hope it all works out for you....

Top Bottom