Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Just installed SS sway bars!

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
Got my SS sways installed. They are awesome! Love the way the truck handles now:top:Oh, and great service from XII Performance...had my bars within 2 days of ordering.

Those front end-link bushings are a pain in the ass to install but I tried something I hadn’t seen mentioned in the forums (correct me if I’m wrong) that made it a lot easier.

First I slid the the lower end-link bushings on both sides of the truck onto the end-link studs and then set the sway bar ends over the end-link studs. Once I finished that I mounted the sway bar center bushings and tightened the brackets down. Then I used a floor jack and lifted one side of the truck enough to get the front wheel off the ground. Doing this forced the sway bar to push down on the opposite side lower end-link bushing. This gave me enough space on the stud to place the upper end-link bushing and hat into place and then get the nut started on the threads. I tightened the nut down and then switched the jack around and repeated the process.

Also, does anyone know what the best email address is to reach Gadget. I emailed him Tuesday and he still has not responded.

Last edited:

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
support@urdusa.com is his email address.

You could also come down to X-Fest East in Deep Creek MD on the 23-25 and meet him :top:
Shameless plug, hoping to get a much bigger turn out. Be there, you won't regret it.

xrunner4.0

Reaction score
I'd like to go but I don't think it's going to happen this time around.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
awesome. I will get mine on some time this month. Think I have had them for almost 6 months...

Coupe

Reaction score
This makes a big improvement over stock.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Probably my favourite upgrade so far. I love these fukin things.

BondXII

Reaction score
Glad to see that you like the sway bars. That's a different approach for the end link bushings than the vice grip method but apparently that works too. :top: That was the first suspension upgrade that we put on out our X too. I was pleased with the improvements it had daily driving and on the track.

Thanks for the positive feedback and hope to hear from you in the future.

Top Bottom