Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Load Carrying Capacity Reduced"

fckwalm

Reaction score
So i just received a letter in the mail stating that:

"This notice is being sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Southeast Toyota Distributors, LLC has decided that your vehicle (VIN listed above) fails to conform to a provision of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) No. 110, as it relates to Load Carrying Capacity Modification (Addendum) Labels."

Pretty much it says that some accessory that they put on changes my load carrying capabilities... the only add-ons from stock from them is DTRL, 6disc changer and all weather floormats.... and i have to put this sticker on the doorjam that says the load carrying capacity is reduced by 15 lbs.

I just found it odd that there would be that much worry over 15 lbs, and was curious if more of these were sent out...

azburnin

Reaction score
This is very interesting, Its crazy too that toyota was the first to stand up and be like ok " i'l take the hit" I know that the other manufactures will see many of the same numbers

Ethereal

Reaction score
Isnt the load on the x-runner lower than a regular tacoma anyway?

Top Bottom