Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Low oil pressure light flickering

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
They don't care. They'll laugh at you and tell you they'll see you in court if you wanna drop the kind of cash to sue the biggest automaker on the planet.

Those decisions are usually made at the dealer level. My pop was a dealership mechanic for over 40 years. I've read several instances of people dealer shopping or contacting Toyota corporate directly and getting good results.

I had one bad experience with a Pontiac dealer service dept when I was 19 and no one other than a body shop has touched any of my vehicles since. I'm nearly 38 now. I generally buy 5ish yr old vehicles.

justin13703

Reaction score
Those decisions are usually made at the dealer level. My pop was a dealership mechanic for over 40 years. I've read several instances of people dealer shopping or contacting Toyota corporate directly and getting good results.

I had one bad experience with a Pontiac dealer service dept when I was 19 and no one other than a body shop has touched any of my vehicles since. I'm nearly 38 now. I generally buy 5ish yr old vehicles.

The dealer is the one that wanted to help. Corporate were the ones that wouldn't do anything but try to sell me a new car.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
The dealer is the one that wanted to help. Corporate were the ones that wouldn't do anything but try to sell me a new car.

I don't know your situation, so I can't speculate further on it. Like I said though, no one touches my cars anymore but me.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Does anybody know what that plastic cover is for behind the oil pan? I can see some oil was leaking from there

Gadget

Reaction score
Just a dust cover.

If you have oil leaking from there it is most likely coming from the rear main seal, but there is also some oil galley plugs in that area.

G

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
There is also a good amount of oil leaking from the sensor now. Could it not be sending the right pressure because of that?

STONER-X

Reaction score
Yes

If it is not sealed then it wont build the correct pressure

STONER-X

Reaction score
It may not be loose... It may have cracked.. So maybe have a sensor handy if it is..

But

Liquid thread sealent will probably work fine.. Should be where they habe the rtv and junk... Some will say dont use the tape but i dont see why not...

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Well looks like the reason why it's leaking is because the housing that the sensor is screwed into is cracked. I don't even think the stock sensor was bad. I think the housing itself cracked which is why the oil pressure light went on because it was losing pressure. Gonna put the stock sensor back on and see what Toyota has to say.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why is the casing for the sensor cracked?

ryanschmidt

Reaction score
Yeah if you plan on bringing your vehicle to the dealership I would suggest removing all aftermarket performance parts beforehand. Headers are a big no-no. Intakes are iffy, if you have any indications of a lean condition then they'll probably note that first... When vehicles come in for big, irregular issues (especially under factory powertrain) like a flickering oil light on a 4.0l, the whole shop tends to look it over, at least where I worked. The shop foreman or service manager has to take photos and have it approved via Toyota. The reason they will turn down warranty on vehicles with aftermarket parts is mostly due to techs "not wanting to work for warranty time". They can have whatever they want approved, pretty much. But nobody will be cheerful to replace a motor under warranty if they see aftermarket parts bolted up to it. "Who wants to deal with that SHIT!"

You'd be better off bringing it to an independent shop or just tinkering with yourself.

XRTOMMY

Reaction score
Well I guess it pays off to know people that work at your local Toyota. The oil filter housing is being warrantied!! I left all the after market parts on to.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yrs it does, and good to hear. :top:

Top Bottom