Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MAF Cal

Clewis333

Reaction score
call gadget.....

lol gagdet is a busy man. if i called him for every little question i had, he'd be a pissed off, busy man...

my question was whether the PCU that comes with the MKI S/C kit is a MAF Cal because if you go to the URD website under the MAF Cal it has a picture that says PCU (the picture i posted a link to):dontknow:

STONER-X

Reaction score
lol gagdet is a busy man. if i called him for every little question i had, he'd be a pissed off, busy man...

my question was whether the PCU that comes with the MKI S/C kit is a MAF Cal because if you go to the URD website under the MAF Cal it has a picture that says PCU (the picture i posted a link to):dontknow:

here is a link to gadgets "u-tune"

http://www.gadgetonline.com/U-Tune.pdf

i have a copy saved on my computer :smile: it goes over all the important stuff about tuning and the does and don'ts it is pretty helpful but i would say read it and find other stuff to read to get other inputs.. his stuff goes over the urd products...

Gadget

Reaction score
The URD Performance Calibration Unit that was shipped with most of the Mark 1 supercharger kits was the URD AIC/Timing Calibrator made for the 1GR.

That version is not listed on the URD site. The one listed is for the earlier engines and not compatible with the 1GR.

Here is the correct version of the URD U-Tune Guide for the AIC units:

www.GadgetOnline.com/u-tune-aic.pdf

G

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^^exactly what I was gonna say that u have. The MkI came with an additional injector controller/timer because it uses the stock primary injectors and uses the 7th injector for adding fuel for boost.

Clewis333

Reaction score
Thanks G! now i have to find a serial cord, and a wideband :biggrin:

Murderface

Reaction score
U mean you've been boosting with no wideband at all? If so not smart

Clewis333

Reaction score
U mean you've been boosting with no wideband at all? If so not smart

so i've heard.... gotta get an exhaust too then install the wideband... which i think i'm going to be buying from Pronorm somei PLX modules and gauge

Murderface

Reaction score
At least have a ScangaugeII hooked up so u can see the A/F's that the ECU is seeing. I did that before I installed my wideband just so I knew what they were while driving at WOT. I have an X-1 so I could always have a laptop hooked up to show A/F's but that would get old real quick

Clewis333

Reaction score
Ya i don't know sh!t about the electrical/gauge side of vehicles... i'm sort of a newb to this whole modding thing... i'm not even sure how i got the supercharger installed :biggrin: i guess just good instructions...
i have no idea how to do all this gauge stuff... i might just drop down to Jersey to have you help me or something..

Top Bottom