Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My N/A shopping list/future mods

Crunchy

Reaction score
I know I should have introduced myself previously in the appropriate thread. I've been lurking here for a few months. Came from only only diesel trucks to getting my first Tacoma last year a '12 TRD dcsb. I became tired of trying to park a big truck when traveling to the city during my enlistment in the Marines.
Based on what I've read, I've developed what I think I should do to my truck. I'm here for your opinions. I cannot afford a supercharger.
Urd MAF cal
Urd spec u exhaust
Urd spec U headers
76mm throttle body
Urd o2 sensor things.
Urd cai.

I'm holding out in hopes there's a sale. These fires in California have given me a little extra overtime and this is what I've came up with in my price range.
I don't expect to gain a ridiculous amount of power, though Im not sure what I'll realistically get. I purchased The maf Cal second hand, uninstalled.

Is this worth my time and money? Anything you'd change/add?

Coupe

Reaction score
Looks like good mods to me.

Gadget will be happy to see you!

Gadget

Reaction score
That is a very nice list!!!

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
That list, if all installed at the same time, will make you wonder who's truck you're driving. Since it will be considerably more power.

There is an N/A dyno thread, in the performance section. Check it out.

Crunchy

Reaction score
That list, if all installed at the same time, will make you wonder who's truck you're driving. Since it will be considerably more power.

There is an N/A dyno thread, in the performance section. Check it out.

Thanks! I have been looking around, that's were I came up with these ideas.
I didn't see any dynos with these specific products, I did see some very similar though and it looks good. The only additional thing I would feel comfortable doing, would be the unobtainable NST pulleys.

I am afraid this will be pretty loud. That would bum me out a bit.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it will sound pretty good. Not excessively loud, with a deep quality rumble. If it is still to loud, you can
have a straight through resonator added in.

Prise

Reaction score
I would also get an intake manifold spacer if you can find one and NST pullies I had those and pretty much that whole list and it was definitely faster than stock.

Crunchy

Reaction score
I would also get an intake manifold spacer if you can find one and NST pullies I had those and pretty much that whole list and it was definitely faster than stock.

I've seen some people selling some spacers over at Tacoma world they look "proprietary" I'd rather have something from an actual manufacture. Unless it came highly recommend. I doubt I will be able to find nst pulleys. Plus they would cost an arm and a leg and as I stated previously I'm waiting out until a sale for the urd stuff, as it will be the only way I can really afford the set up.

autobodyX

Reaction score
my E-fan was good for a few pony's and it makes the A/C nice and cold. A spark plug upgrade will help some and the URD fuel pump upgrade is a good idea. On my 06 X the factory pump filter was clogged up by 48,00 miles.

Crunchy

Reaction score
E fan. Hmmm.... are you speaking of the one you bolt up to the radiator? Or the one that you takes ff the belt?

Prise

Reaction score
I've seen some people selling some spacers over at Tacoma world they look "proprietary" I'd rather have something from an actual manufacture. Unless it came highly recommend. I doubt I will be able to find nst pulleys. Plus they would cost an arm and a leg and as I stated previously I'm waiting out until a sale for the urd stuff, as it will be the only way I can really afford the set up.

I sold my set of pullies on here just 2 weeks ago for $300. They come up on here, but they sell very fast. I saw that manifold spacer. I had an aluminum one that was made by a member on here.

Crunchy

Reaction score
My shopping list is growing haha. I'm going to look into the electric fan conversion today, any recommendations on brands?

LifeAlert

Reaction score

I installed the manifold spacer on my truck and it made a difference in my opinion. you can really tell the power curve changed and you have more torque at lower rpm's. It was a little rough getting it in there and getting the ecu to relearn after installing (my buddy may have lost an eye brow from a back fire) but well worth the time and effort into it!

sixstringdave

Reaction score
I bought a Hayden E-fan kit. Like 70 bucks and works awesome. You got a nice list off goodies going.

Ive asked in another thread but they are ignoring me there for some reason.

You listed a bigger Throttle body. I figured those would be good on a forced induction engine and not do much on an N/A engine. Am i wrong in thinking this? I can find those bigger TBs around here pretty easily.

Manifold spacer seems like way too much money for what you would gain. But i suppose combined with everything else it would be a good addition

sixstringdave

Reaction score
Dang, i didnt know URD had those. Or that they are even needed. Thanks again my friend.

Sorry about the thread jack guys.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Finding the throttle body may be a little tough. You can find them but they are costly sometimes.

Top Bottom