Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Naturally Aspirated Horsepower & Supporting Mods

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the thread specifically for all of you who have an N/A modded beast, and wish to post your dyno results.

Great place for all members and future members to see first hand what mods have which gains, or combined gains from all of your mods. :blurock:

SCOUTDEED69

Stock XR - 191.7 WHP 231.6 WTQ

(base dyno from Scoutdeed69): http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=49762

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x612 and weights 138KB.
IMAG0072.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x612 and weights 192KB.
IMAG0073.jpg

NUPEPRIME

Red file: current mod list on 93 pump, X-1, JBA LY, ARP Y-pipe, URD fuel pump, 3" Magnaflow w/res.

Blue file: before exhaust upgrade...

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x612 and weights 133KB.
IMAG0010-1.jpg

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023x612 and weights 156KB.
IMAG0015.jpg

1GRracer ***4Runner***

1. AFE intake
2. APR X1
3. NST intake manifold spacer
4. TB coolant bypass
5. Doug Thorley long tubes
6. URD fuel pump

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 155KB.
IMG_0329.jpg

Newest dyno as of 8-17-12

1. AFE intake
2. APR X1
3. NST intake manifold spacer
4. TB coolant bypass
5. Doug Thorley long tubes
6. URD fuel pump
7. URD 4x4 Y-Pipe

SIXSTRINGDAVE

I finally found this from the other day. What i wanted to point out here is the dip in the Air/Fuel line on the chart. At around 4300 RPM you can see that it goes rich. Before this, we had leaned it out a bit. It was really dipping to somewhere like 10.8 and i was losing tons of power. Only getting to 228 to 2301-ish HP.

So we got it leaner a bit and the truck did better as you can see(241 WHP). But why is it still dipping around 4300? I was running out of time on the Dyno that day so we called it good. But i left wondering if we could have done better.

I am happy about it making power all the way to Redline. Makes me want to go the X-1 route to take the rev limiter to 6250. But i am still a bit unhappy about my Torque.

1.Hayden E-fan
2. NST Pulley
3. TRD cai
4. 2.5 inch Magnaflow Catback and Resonator
5. Doug Thorley LTs
6. Tuned URD Maf Cal

wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x619 and weights 120KB.
DynoDay-Copy.jpg

WHITEBEAUTY ***4Runner***

Well im impressed....4Th gear pull 294tq n 230hp. Post the sheets up when i get home.
Dang it i cant post the vid here. DOnt know how. Heres the link.

Mods:

1. X1 w/ cam gears & t-stat
2. Volant Cai With custom scoop
3. Poweraid TBS
4. NST manifold spacer
5. DTLT-relocated o2 kit
6. factory y no cats
7. Borla cat back
8. Nst Crank, Wp, ALt pulleys
9. Walboro 255lph fuel pump
10. 61lb injectors
11. E85 IKH20 denso plugs gapped at .035

URD's DynoJet:

OEM Base and True Cold Air Intake(After)

Copywrite URDUSA www.urdusa.com
http://www.urdusa.com/Intakes-Cold-Air-Intakes/c151_164/p1260518504/URD-TRUE-COLD-AIR-INTAKE,-05+-Tacoma-4.0L-V6/product_info.html

If there is a problem with me posting this here Gadget, I will gladly remove it. :top:

Motonxruchick184

TRD Gen 1 CAI
NST Pulleys
Magnaflow muffler

(Will update with new dyno including JBA short tube headers and JBA catback)

225 WHP 262 WTQ

Last edited:

BradyT88

Reaction score
This is pretty cool Torspd!!

SIXSTRINGDAVE's dyno really makes we want to get the URD TCAI, maf cal, E-fan, and lightweight pullies!!

He has around 50 more ponies and foot-pounds over stock!

BradyT88

Reaction score
My to-do list is just so damn big at the moment I almost don't know where to start... Did I win the lottery yet?:D

MplsX

Reaction score
All of the graphs look good except the one from URD. Why doesn't the lines from horsepower and torque cross at 5252 rpm's?

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
SCAM!!!
No its all to do with with the method for finding HP and TQ. Different calculations and formulas can be used depending on what parameters are being measured by the dyno.

BradyT88

Reaction score
All of the graphs look good except the one from URD. Why doesn't the lines from horsepower and torque cross at 5252 rpm's?

I don't know a whole lot about this stuff, so why is it that most of them cross at ~5200 rpm? Does it have to do with the formula for calculating horsepower using the torque numbers?

Gadget

Reaction score

It is because the scales on each side of the chart are different.

G

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Here you go. Im sure u can Mod this post to unite it with the pic.

X1 w/ cam gears & t-stat Volant Cai With custom scoop Poweraid TBS NST manifold spacer DTLT-relocated o2 kit factory y no cats Borla cat back Nst Crank, Wp, ALt pulleys Walboro 255lph fuel pump 61lb injectors E85 IKH20 denso plugs gapped at .035

MadToy

Reaction score
Any way to update the mods list on some of these that aren't clear if they still have cats or not? I'm assuming all of the ones with long tubes went without cats?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
My dyno that Torspd has posted i still have my factory y pipe, that has cats, in addition to my stock catback. Im testing my truck again today with a urd y. Are you looking for a dyno with all four cats in place?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Any way to update the mods list on some of these that aren't clear if they still have cats or not? I'm assuming all of the ones with long tubes went without cats?

Your assumption is correct. If their mods listed don't have exhausts components that remove some or all of the cats, then they have cats.

MadToy

Reaction score
My dyno that Torspd has posted i still have my factory y pipe, that has cats, in addition to my stock catback. Im testing my truck again today with a urd y. Are you looking for a dyno with all four cats in place?

Ah - thanks. I'm trying to figure out how much gain is from the long tubes, vs. how much of the gain is actually from the deletion of the cats. I have a DT Y pipe, so I only have the front 2 cats now. But I'm debating on headers as I don't want to go catless.

Trying to get all my ducks in a row for the eventual supercharger :)

cwatt

Reaction score
I'd be pissed if I were 1GRracer. Of all people to expect to be running good numbers after a $1700 X-1 investment, it would be him... except NUPEPRIME is pulling in another 20hp on a stock tune.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Once 1GRracer has this new dyno with the addition of the URD Y-pipe (4x4 version), we will be able to see what kind of gains it gives. As well as how it adjusts the power curve.

However, I just thought of something. You are now running a tad smaller diameter tire, since you have mine on. So it might reduce the reading just a tad.

I'd be pissed if I were 1GRracer. Of all people to expect to be running good numbers after a $1700 X-1 investment, it would be him... except NUPEPRIME is pulling in another 20hp on a stock tune.

His automatic has a lot to do with the HP numbers. Same as Whitebeauty.

Nupeprime's dyno also has an X-1.

Last edited:

cwatt

Reaction score
His automatic has a lot to do with the HP numbers. Same as Whitebeauty.

Nupeprime's dyno also has an X-1.

Ah, very interesting. Perhaps you could edit the post to reflect Nupeprime's X-1. Comment officially rescinded .

Top Bottom