Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Naturally Aspirated Horsepower & Supporting Mods

Red-XR-Pride

Reaction score
that 40-90 pull was incredibly slow. i have a few videos of it on my phone and my truck only have headers ypipe and a china intake with a SDXrunner619 Maf cal tune and my 40-90 was a lot faster then yours. also ive raced bone stock SVT lightnings with that setup and they will walk all day.

Doublld

Reaction score
and it was on a mustang dyno which put much lower/realistic numbers down

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
URD just finished test fitting the updated version of our Spec-U Equal Length Long Tube Headers for the 2012 and later Tacoma V6 with the air injection system.

The test vehicle was is a 2012 Tacoma XRunner COMPLETELY STOCK other than the addition of our headers.

Peak gain was 17 RWHP and 30 RWTQ

Max Gain was 22 RWHP at 3500 RPM and 34 RWTQ at 3430 RPM.

The most important thing to note is the Spec-U headers makes power throughtout the ENTIRE RPM range. NO LOSS IN LOW END TORQUE.

The truck is beautiful and I hope the owner forgets to pick it up!!

The headers have been cleared for production and we expect to start taking orders in about a week and shipping in five weeks.

URDSpec_UHeadersDyno_zpsqtr3igdy.jpg

This needed to be posted here as well. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
They are only available from someone who already has them.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
They only have supercharger pulleys for the 1GR

Reaction score
Well what else is cheap and gives gains... Im planning to get headers and the URD y, a manifold spacer, and no muffler duals. (Last one for loud nascar sound)

bobber bill

Reaction score
Well what else is cheap and gives gains... Im planning to get headers and the URD y, a manifold spacer, and no muffler duals. (Last one for loud nascar sound)

Bigger throttle body and fuel pump upgrade. Port/polish and ECU w/ proper tune also.

No mufflers probably won't help.

bobber bill

Reaction score
A quick google search will tell you more than I can through this forum.

Basically:

- Porting means removing material from your intake passages to make them bigger and more free flowing

- Polishing is smoothing everything out after porting to reduce turbulence

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Bigger fuel pump on a NA truck won't help, I would work on buying a ECU once you have the exhaust. Tuning the engine after headers are installed changes a lot of stuff

Gadget

Reaction score
URD does ship a lot of pump/filter kits to N/A guys because their stock filter clogs up.

Reaction score
Bigger fuel pump on a NA truck won't help, I would work on buying a ECU once you have the exhaust. Tuning the engine after headers are installed changes a lot of stuff
full ECU? why when gadget sells tuning stuff.... but that's aways off...

bobber bill

Reaction score

If you pull out a couple stock fuel pumps and filters, you will see that it is worth it. Dyno tuning an ECU after headers is a waste of money, unless you don't plan on more mods. Wait until you install more parts.

What is the TB coolant bypass? I see a lot of guys have this

Just disconnecting and capping off the coolant lines to your throttle body. It's supposed to prevent heat transfer from the warm coolant to your throttle body, which lets in colder/denser air in for improved combustion. That's the theory anyway.

Reaction score
If you pull out a couple stock fuel pumps and filters, you will see that it is worth it. Dyno tuning an ECU after headers is a waste of money, unless you don't plan on more mods. Wait until you install more parts.

Just disconnecting and capping off the coolant lines to your throttle body. It's supposed to prevent heat transfer from the warm coolant to your throttle body, which lets in colder/denser air in for improved combustion. That's the theory anyway.
does it mess anthing up?

Top Bottom