Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Need StopTech/TRD BBK ST-40 Caliper Info...

autobodyX

Reaction score
HPDE or PDX? sounds interesting... what is it?

Nasa national auto sport association offers HPDE high performance driving education and the SCCA sports car club of America calls theirs PDX performance driving experience. Other groups offer the same thing under different names. It is also referred to as a track day.
Basically it is classroom instruction and time on the track with in car or truck instruction with students in your skill same level, Novice, intermediate, solo, and advanced. Check out this link.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/

Reaction score
Nasa national auto sport association offers HPDE high performance driving education and the SCCA sports car club of America calls theirs PDX performance driving experience. Other groups offer the same thing under different names. It is also referred to as a track day.
Basically it is classroom instruction and time on the track with in car or truck instruction with students in your skill same level, Novice, intermediate, solo, and advanced. Check out this link.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/
so could I race my n/a Tacoma?

autobodyX

Reaction score
X-runners have an exemption from the no trucks or suv rule. My 06 X was n/a and completely stock for my first few track days.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
so could I race my n/a Tacoma?

If you lower it and call it an XRunner, without the body skirts, perhaps. Pretty much what I have mine labeled as. Tracks with be more strict that parking lot SCCA events, usually. Don't misinterpret me though. SCCA is still strict. If they feel that your vehicle is to top heavy, and roll over capable, then they likely won't let you run. You'll just have to speak with the local organization.

I know of a guy who ran his PreRunner on Thunder Hill in CA, recently. Stock height, and all terrains. They were leery about it but still allowed it. Video is on YouTube. If you start tracking regularly, upgraded brake components will be a must.

Again, you just have to speak with the organizers andx all might be just fine.

1GRracer, tracks and Autocross' his stock height 4Runner, and F250 regularly.

Reaction score
If you lower it and call it an XRunner, without the body skirts, perhaps. Pretty much what I have mine labeled as. Tracks with be more strict that parking lot SCCA events, usually. Don't misinterpret me though. SCCA is still strict. If they feel that your vehicle is to top heavy, and roll over capable, then they likely won't let you run. You'll just have to speak with the local organization.

I know of a guy who ran his PreRunner on Thunder Hill in CA, recently. Stock height, and all terrains. They were leery about it but still allowed it. Video is on YouTube. If you start tracking regularly, upgraded brake components will be a must.

Again, you just have to speak with the organizers andx all might be just fine.

1GRracer, tracks and Autocross' his stock height 4Runner, and F250 regularly.
road Atlanta wants 445 to race?! no way.... I can drag race for 20 bucks... plus road Atlanta looks like my truck aint up to specs...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
National Race course = hefty entry fee.

Usually you can get on a Track Dayz or something similar like Autobodyx mention. HPDE. Depending on the amount of time on the course, will likely dictate the prices. When they go to VIR, it is usually about that cost for two to three days, with mutliple sessions each day. Very worthy, if you really want to push yourself and your vehicle, on a race course, in a controlled environment.

Go race autocross, and it will be about $30-60. With standings if you are a member. Mod Class organized.

Or race at the drag strip for ~14 seconds with ~ 30 minutes of waiting, between runs, for $20.

You put mods on the vehicle for some reason. Are they for looks or for use? o_O. The old saying also comes to mind. "You've got to pay to play."

Reaction score
National Race course = hefty entry fee.

Usually you can get on a Track Dayz or something similar like Autobodyx mention. HPDE. Depending on the amount of time on the course, will likely dictate the prices. When they go to VIR, it is usually about that cost for two to three days, with mutliple sessions each day. Very worthy, if you really want to push yourself and your vehicle, on a race course, in a controlled environment.

Go race autocross, and it will be about $30-60. With standings if you are a member. Mod Class organized.

Or race at the drag strip for ~14 seconds with ~ 30 minutes of waiting, between runs, for $20.

You put mods on the vehicle for some reason. Are they for looks or for use? o_O. The old saying also comes to mind. "You've got to pay to play."
so google hdpe and see what comes up in metro Atlanta?

Ziggy297

Reaction score
I guess I'm going to have to find out what the oem caliper piston size are and what piston size my TRD BBK are...
Very late reply but the info may be useful to someone. I have a TRD BBK with 332 slotted rotors the upper pistons are 40 mm dust boot 50mm. The lower pistons are 34mm, dust boot 44mm. All can be purchased in the sticky at the top of this forum from Zeckhausen Racing.

Top Bottom