Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New tires

madtrucker

Reaction score
Glad the tires are working out for you. I was interested in what people thought of some of these. I've run Michelin Pilot Power 2CT on my CBR, so wanted to know what their truck/street tires were like. Don't need tires for awhile, but it's nice to see feed back on some.
I just bought a set of Michelin Commander lll for my Harley-Davidson. I haven't spent much time on the bike lately. The Pilots on X are getting a workout. There are lots of good tires out there, but I'm becoming a fan of the Michelin's.

AryaHmmr

Reaction score
I replaced all 4 tires withe Michelin Pilot All Season 3+ at Costco back in August 2017; they cost $210 each. ~20k miles later got an irreparable puncture in one of them. Costco doesn't carry the A/S 3+ anymore, so I got two A/S 4; they cost $200 each. So far I'm happy with bothe A/S 3+ and the A/S 4, and I'm happy with Costco's safety checks, proper torquing, and overall service.

The A/S 3+ wore out a little faster than I would've liked (they're guaranteed up to 55k miles I think, I got 20k miles up until the puncture). We'll see how the A/S 4 holds up

mejbro

Reaction score
After y'alls advice I'm gonna buy some of the AS4's whenever I get the truck running again. Gonna try to make enough room in the garage this weekend to get the X in there. Then I'll put the Clutchmasters TOB in, then hopefully it'll move to take it to get tires on.

mejbro

Reaction score
That's EXCELLENT to hear cuz the way I drive ( don't drive ) the X that 55K warranty will last a lifetime! Lol

blu xr

Reaction score
needing new shoes soon, have over 240k miles on the x now.

thinking of running a little bigger & wider tire, anyone else doing that?

pros and cons?

madtrucker

Reaction score
needing new shoes soon, have over 240k miles on the x now.

thinking of running a little bigger & wider tire, anyone else doing that?

pros and cons?
I had thought about it. I don't know what the drawbacks are. Hitting the steering components on tight turns. Plus it will mess up your speedometer. You would get better traction. And it look cool as hell.

Top Bottom