Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new TOB to be released

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
i have a friend chris from regional, and hes told me that toyota has noticed the issue with the stock TOB and redesigned it... the new one was supposed to be released back in july but the supplier is lagging. now i could be mistaken but since mine was under warranty when the problem accured and i reported is to toyota and they didnt do shit about it im now getting the new TOB, Clutch and Clutch cover replaced for free once is comes in so if your X is still under warranty i would wait

toyota_rod

Reaction score
still eventually getting the cc clutch stage 2 and sleeve kit...ftw and the dealership..ride low and SLOW!! southern style:top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i have a friend chris from regional, and hes told me that toyota has noticed the issue with the stock TOB and redesigned it... the new one was supposed to be released back in july but the supplier is lagging. now i could be mistaken but since mine was under warranty when the problem accured and i reported is to toyota and they didnt do shit about it im now getting the new TOB, Clutch and Clutch cover replaced for free once is comes in so if your X is still under warranty i would wait

They can redesign the bearing all they want, its not problem with the bearing but everything around the bearing. Trans snout, release fork and pivot, no pilot bushing. I put a new bearing in and less than 100 miles later I had the exact same noises as before. The reason being it wore out my trans snout so bad the bearing was just flopping around loosely in there. A new bearing won't repair that problem, so a new bearing is not the fix.
For the people already hearing the squeak, more than likely the damage is already done, and fixing the snout will be the only fix that will last.

Murderface

Reaction score
^^ or hopping on the group buy list For the sleeve kit with the rest of us.

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
im not 100% sure what it all in tails but i know he said its going to take care of it so when i get it done ill post exactly what they replace and go from there

its covered under the powertrain warranty so its free if it doesnt work i still get a new clutch and a few other things

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
im not 100% sure what it all in tails but i know he said its going to take care of it so when i get it done ill post exactly what they replace and go from there

its covered under the powertrain warranty so its free if it doesnt work i still get a new clutch and a few other things

Unless you know someone you are going to have a hard time getting a clutch replaced under warranty.

hopefully toyota does something. They have been dragging their feet on this issue for 5 years now.
A rumor pops up every so often about a fix, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm done waiting as are a lot of other members.
Hopefully they fix it for you, but I wouldn't hold your breathe.

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
well im fortunate in knowing a regional and its a done deal for the fix just have to wait for this damn supplier to ship the new TOB but the TOB is part of the warranty so if your dealer ship is like mine and makes excuses for everything call corporate and have them take care of it

08x

Reaction score
its the throw out bearing and the bell housing pretty much the front part of the tranny that bolts up to the engine it self and from wat they told us at set(South east toyota)school it should be out by the end of the year

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
its the throw out bearing and the bell housing pretty much the front part of the tranny that bolts up to the engine it self and from wat they told us at set(South east toyota)school it should be out by the end of the year

So they are also replacing the bell housing? That would be a true fix indeed.
I really hope toyota does finally fix this issue. So many people are frustrated or getting sick of the truck just because of the stupid trans and TOB issues.
Too late for me, I am going T56 and not looking back. :top:

08x

Reaction score
ya that is wat all my instructors keep telling me youll still have the same tranny just the front half gets changed i dont no how much this will fix it but hopefully it does

Murderface

Reaction score
Ya NO Toyota Stealership will EVER see my truck. As far as u saying it's covered under warranty? It may be true for u cause u may know someone but for the rest of us it won't happen. Most Stealerships will give us some BS excuse that it's not the TO but some other BS. It's happened to me and like everyone else that's on the GB list, we're all sick of their excuses.

I doubt it will be a "true" fix If its just a TO bearing redesign. A real fix means a replacement bell housing with a harder material snout, a redesigned TO. I'm sure that it equals to a lot of money that Toyoya really doesn't "have" to do. Like David said, I won't be holding my breath.

On another topic, how fast can u get prices for TRD parts? We have a member on here that works for Toyota and gets us slammin deals already. Are U ready to beat his prices?

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
i just want to help the cause and for prices he gets it a cost plus 10% and as for the warranty for the TOB that goes for anyone its covered under the powertrain you just cant put up with there excuses and contact coprerate if nessasarrya and having them send a rengional tech out to call the stealership on their bullshit

idk if its gadget that your speaking of but i know him and my guy know one another and if thats the case then im sure pricing is going to be pretty close

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Been there, done that, had a thread about it and now we're here which is real close for a solution to Toyotas TO issue. I really hope they do fix it because my truck is gonna be 6 yrs old this coming year and I'll need a replacement. I luv my Toyotas no doubt:top:

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
even tho your out of factory warranty doesnt mean you still cant get it done for free as long as you told them about the problem while still under factory warranty

damn im preaching to the chior your the one i spoke with on the phone earlier

nvm wrong person

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
even tho your out of factory warranty doesnt mean you still cant get it done for free as long as you told them about the problem while still under factory warranty

damn im preaching to the chior your the one i spoke with on the phone earlier

nvm wrong person

I told them about my issue while I was under warranty, their solution was voiding my warranty. :thumpdown:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
thats when you call corp. and tell them whats up

I just took it in to see what they would say. I had no intention of keeping the transmission even if they did fix it. I already had my deposit down on the T56 swap.

blastap

Reaction score
I have powertrain left but not much, get a tsb number so i can get this pos fixed

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Just past 62,000 miles on mine...what's the powertrain warranty mileage...100K?

Top Bottom