Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

new TOB to be released

Murderface

Reaction score
EXACTLY, and that is why i bought a X-Runnner

Better be careful with that! We've had a couple spun bearings from people doing powerslides and donuts in a parking lot. Better keep a close eye on the oil level or get urself a deeper oil pan with some baffles in it.

Matt how's that for off topic? No difference then talking about Toyota and the infamous TO bearing TSB:eviltongue:

Emanon

Reaction score
Dropped the truck off this morning for a new TOB. 2hrs later the service adviser tells me their system TASS is recommending I wait for the new TOB. Was not thrilled with the idea of driving my squealing truck around for an indeterminate amount of time as I waited for Toyota's new part. .

Told her gimme a few minutes to think on it. Instead a few minutes later she comes back stating the new TOB is to be released in Oct. I told her fine I would wait until Oct.

Service adviser has been very open and helpful and in no way is this her fault but damn what a wonky system! It tells them to have the customer drive around with a known bad part cause we are coming out with a new one. Nope we can't tell you how long it will be just that we'd prefer not to replace a bad part.

Hopefully it is the beginning of Oct and not the end!

Last edited:

holddeez08RR

Reaction score
I've got the revised bell housing and everything for the past 10k miles has been so far so good. no chirps and no broken clutches

Murderface

Reaction score
I've got the revised bell housing and everything for the past 10k miles has been so far so good. no chirps and no broken clutches

^^^so that means the sleeve that comes out the bell housing and covers the input shaft is made of steel? If not u will have the same problem down the road. Right now that shaft sleeve is made of aluminum which won't last with a steel bearing riding on it.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Better be careful with that! We've had a couple spun bearings from people doing powerslides and donuts in a parking lot. Better keep a close eye on the oil level or get urself a deeper oil pan with some baffles in it.

Matt how's that for off topic? No difference then talking about Toyota and the infamous TO bearing TSB:eviltongue:

50 bucks says, all the xr's with spun bearings from "drifting"...where from doing j hooks...not donuts, and just flooring it bouncing the rev limiter....but most of the "donut/drift" videos i have seen of xrunners....all share one thing in common, no car control or self control...so im gunna place that on driver error. No car is designed to spend its life bouncing the rev limiter...

But it is still a good point non the less...there is a similar issue with s13's of oil starvation at high g loads, its easily combated with keeping the oil level full. Though you can bet ill be the first one on the group buy list for a deeper/baffled oil pan. :top:

as for the new throw out bearing....im not exactly holding my breath....considering i have 1k miles on the TSK, and even more annoying squeaks/chatter than before...i really think the clutch release fork has more to do with this than Toyota and others are letting on too...

Emanon

Reaction score

hrm a new bell housing the URD Stage III kit I ordered should still fit no?

Murderface

Reaction score
50 bucks says, all the xr's with spun bearings from "drifting"...where from doing j hooks...not donuts, and just flooring it bouncing the rev limiter....but most of the "donut/drift" videos i have seen of xrunners....all share one thing in common, no car control or self control...so im gunna place that on driver error. No car is designed to spend its life bouncing the rev limiter...

But it is still a good point non the less...there is a similar issue with s13's of oil starvation at high g loads, its easily combated with keeping the oil level full. Though you can bet ill be the first one on the group buy list for a deeper/baffled oil pan. :top:

as for the new throw out bearing....im not exactly holding my breath....considering i have 1k miles on the TSK, and even more annoying squeaks/chatter than before...i really think the clutch release fork has more to do with this than Toyota and others are letting on too...

My clutch fork was fine when I dropped my trans last Oct to install the CC stage III and URD lite FW. Hopefully it's still good when I drop my trans AGAIN to install the TSK45:dontknow:

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
update talk to reginal and they distributer for the new TOB went belly up so they have found some one else and should be avalible in 4 to 6 weeks and are a matching set so when replaced they replace the TOB clutch and pressure plate

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
My clutch fork was fine when I dropped my trans last Oct to install the CC stage III and URD lite FW. Hopefully it's still good when I drop my trans AGAIN to install the TSK45:dontknow:

well, for me its the only explanation for whats causing the squeak, even with TSK. i explained it really good one night on some thread....i don't remember what i said....i was slightly drunk. :laugh:

But it made sense to when i read it the next day...lol

The basis was, if the CRF is pushing the bearing unevenly, then its causing it to ride on the input shaft unevenly and out side of the grease grooves. And hence the squeak.... the fork gets bent from driving hard, with a very worn input shaft. which i did. alot. Haha.

So it is worth a thorough inspection before you button everything back up...and end up in my predicament....I have no time to do it over again. and being forced to deal with a 40mile commute, listen to a squaky old mattress under your truck...:banghead:

And no surprise here....Toyota STILL doesn't have a fix for this....

thunder24685

Reaction score
Well I am curious what will happen when I drop my truck off at Toyota to get the release bearing replaced on Tuesday. I went to the dealership this Tue and they looked at it and said the release bearing needed replaced. That afternoon they called me back and asked me to drop it off Tuesday to get it replaced. I asked the service Adv what all they were replacing and he said I assume just the release bearing.

Scarface

Reaction score
The basis was, if the CRF is pushing the bearing unevenly, then its causing it to ride on the input shaft unevenly and out side of the grease grooves. And hence the squeak.... the fork gets bent from driving hard, with a very worn input shaft. which i did. alot. Haha.

What's a CRF?:hmmmm2:

Emanon

Reaction score
Anyone hear of TSB 0365-10? Friend took her FJ for the old TOB squeak and was handed this TSB which addresses the issue. I cannot find any info online.:frown:

djcsx-runner

" I love blue waffles"
Reaction score
im looking into it when i figure it out ill let you know

okay this is what i found out that TSB basically is saying if the consumer is having the TOB squeak that the new replacement for it may be the only fix but those parts arent available as of yet should be soon though

Last edited:

Emanon

Reaction score
im looking into it when i figure it out ill let you know

okay this is what i found out that TSB basically is saying if the consumer is having the TOB squeak that the new replacement for it may be the only fix but those parts arent available as of yet should be soon though

Thanks for the info!:top:

burnboy

Reaction score
This sucks. I bought a matrix xrs in 2003. It had a issue with pulling. 3 times you're out. I made toyota buy it back. My 400 hp vw never missed a lick till 154000 miles. My truck has a 5th gear grind its going in next week. Makes me think this truck might be for sale soon. Ill go buy a chevy. Mekes me very unpleased knowing I bought another toyota. Reading all these threads just makes me paranoid. Hell, china probably produces better vehicles than toyota naodays

absolut

Reaction score
Ya NO Toyota Stealership will EVER see my truck. As far as u saying it's covered under warranty? It may be true for u cause u may know someone but for the rest of us it won't happen. Most Stealerships will give us some BS excuse that it's not the TO but some other BS. It's happened to me and like everyone else that's on the GB list, we're all sick of their excuses.

I doubt it will be a "true" fix If its just a TO bearing redesign. A real fix means a replacement bell housing with a harder material snout, a redesigned TO. I'm sure that it equals to a lot of money that Toyoya really doesn't "have" to do. Like David said, I won't be holding my breath.

On another topic, how fast can u get prices for TRD parts? We have a member on here that works for Toyota and gets us slammin deals already. Are U ready to beat his prices?

So how much is the slammin deals? I need some parts. im tired of my 15% off, need more, hahahah..
wat kind of hook ups this member have?

Murderface

Reaction score
So how much is the slammin deals? I need some parts. im tired of my 15% off, need more, hahahah..
wat kind of hook ups this member have?

I think it's 07SWB that has the TRD hookup. Send him a Pm and ask

Emanon

Reaction score
TOB failed on me for the 4th time and it only took 11 weeks. I am out of warranty but I stopped by Toyota to see if they will honor the new TSB.

Will find out tomorrow...

Top Bottom