Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NM v2.5 fully adjustable shifter is now on the market with a pre order at a discount

Nashman

Reaction score
NM Motor sports is proud to now offer the NM v2.5 shifter fully adjustable shifter to the 2nd Tacoma market. We're opening preorders for 4 weeks, from Mar 24 2023 until Apr 21 2023. The discounted preorder price will only be available during this time at 330 cad/240 usd
I have been making this shifter and improving on it for a long time since 2008 and on for the Toyota Supra r154 and w58 and now I am happy to bring it to the Tacoma market

https://nmmotorsportscanada.com/

This shifter is like nothing anything els on the market for the toyota tacoma, just imaging putting your shifter stick were ever you want it for any seating position with 80% reduction in throw and solid click gate like feel to give you great confidence when selecting your gear. never have to worry about snapping the lower ball off by adding on an addon or bolts falling into the transmission and trying to source bushing for when you wanna do a re fresh like some others on the market.

Nashman

Reaction score
Sweet! Is this your company im assuming?
Yes it is. I know it's a flooded market but no one makes any thing like mine that address all the issues of all the rest of the shifters out there the isolation damper is not shown in drawing.

gearhead899

Reaction score
Yes it is. I know it's a flooded market but no one makes any thing like mine that address all the issues of all the rest of the shifters out there the isolation damper is not shown in drawing.
Not a flooded market at all. Theirs very few people out there making new products for these trucks and the shifter looks sweet. Are you planning on making any other products?

Nashman

Reaction score
Not a flooded market at all. Theirs very few people out there making new products for these trucks and the shifter looks sweet. Are you planning on making any other products?
yes 1 more for the tacoma it will be offered at a discount to any one that buys a shifter it's basically a new gas pedal to help with rev matching our 3d scanner just came in so i just have to scan the proto type I made this will come with pedal indent so alinement will not be and issue

gearhead899

Reaction score
yes 1 more for the tacoma it will be offered at a discount to any one that buys a shifter it's basically a new gas pedal to help with rev matching our 3d scanner just came in so i just have to scan the proto type I made this will come with pedal indent so alinement will not be and issue
Sweet! I will probably grab atleast one of those. My 2006 has had the gas pedal chopped before I bought it because of the recall

gearhead899

Reaction score
chopped????
Yeah, Toyota had a recall where they actually cut a decent chunk off the bottom of the gas pedal. I think it had to do with the possibility of the pedal getting caught on the floor mat

Nashman

Reaction score
Yeah, Toyota had a recall where they actually cut a decent chunk off the bottom of the gas pedal. I think it had to do with the possibility of the pedal getting caught on the floor mat
ya I read into that but this will fix that issue and make it wider and closer to brake pedal if you look in the vid i posted you can see how effortless it is to rev match with the new pedal plate

Nashman

Reaction score
Will it work for R155 transmission?
well not this one... but the supra version will if you can find a r154 sector shaft and top shifter tower then you can convert it.

or if you can drum up intrest I could make one. since i have a r154 sitting in my shop and all i would have to do is make a plate

Last edited:

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
well not this one... but the supra version will if you can find a r154 sector shaft and top shifter tower then you can convert it.

or if you can drum up intrest I could make one. since i have a r154 sitting in my shop and all i would have to do is make a plate

Hmmm…
From all the reading / research I have done is the R154 and R155 are the same but first & second gears.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
On TW there are guys wanting to swap the 6 speed (attach to 4.0 L & 3.5L) for the 5 speed / R155 or (R156 in the 3rd Gen. W/ an even lower 1st)
I myself have a R155 behind a Magnuson Supercharged 2TR but I decided to go to a Tremec TXX to go behind the new heart transplant in the photo below. The heart transplant is schedule to start on 4-17-23

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpeg
    IMG_0056.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 75

gearhead899

Reaction score
Just put in a pre-order for the shifter. I think ill try it in my black truck

Nashman

Reaction score
cool man thanks but the imput shaft is shorter on the r155 since the r154 uses a different type of clutch

Nashman

Reaction score
How goes the progress on the manufacturing?
going smoothly i might get them in a week all the hardware is here just need them anodized and shipped to my door. kinda truly excited about this for the tacoma since i think it's the best shifter out there. we only made 20 in this batch as well...

gearhead899

Reaction score
going smoothly i might get them in a week all the hardware is here just need them anodized and shipped to my door. kinda truly excited about this for the tacoma since i think it's the best shifter out there. we only made 20 in this batch as well...
Nice! Cant wait till mine arrives

Nashman

Reaction score
well have them soon we only did a small order of 20 and 9 have been sold

Attachments

• shifters1.png
    shifters1.png
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • shifters 2.png
    shifters 2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 48
Top Bottom