Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NO wheel Hop

Red-XR-Pride

Reaction score
has anyone else never had the wheel hop most experience?.
even with the Mk1 stage 3 there wasnt any wheel hop from a dig or flat foot shifting from 1-2 or 2-3.
even with my truck not having the blower now it spins quite a bit of 2s and from 2-3 the back of the truck moves very very slightly. but still never had a wheel hop issue. was hoping im not the only one.

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Wheel hope happens when the axle wraps up in the springs and the slips or spins and that spring energy is released and the axle rotates all the way the other direction.

Where this gets destructive is when it sets up a rapid repeating cycle and the whole rear suspension tries to rip its self apart.

Normally you have to break traction to get the process started.

G

shane881510

Reaction score
I hate wheel hop. Mine will shake u out of the cab. I have a hard compound all season tire in the rear and they hop. My old tires never hopped.

Red-XR-Pride

Reaction score
Well lol it breaks traction on command now and specially when it was boosted

I got 265's in the rear

Last edited:

rennurx

Reaction score
Your saying u don't get wheel hop. they think you are saying you are gtting it lol.

T4Z

Reaction score
I've never had wheel hop either and I break loose everywhere. I'm running some small 16" winters though but my dad owned my XR before me and even with very sticky summer tires I've yet to experience wheel hop. I think unless you are launching it out of a burnout or something... Idk... We will see how the summers work for me as they are soon to go on, but maybe someone who experiences wheel hop could explain how or when they get it, maybe we just don't beat on the trucks hard enough to have it.

Red-XR-Pride

Reaction score
lol im on the 3rd tranny and second engine. im pretty sure i drive mine as hard as anyone. even if i let the truck start to roll and pin it once it starts to spin apply the brake till i get it to stop then let off the brake while the truck is cooking the tires, it still doesnt do it. even if i drop the clutch from 5grand or the rev limiter. nothing i have 265's in the rear so im not running a cookie cutter tire.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You have special springs. That's why no wheel hop.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
They are used continental tires Billy. And one of the two is bald. They are hardly reputable performance tires even when new. Wait until you get some real rubber on em. You also ran for a long period of time, unholy high tire psi.

Axle hop is by product of rapid grip/slip like Gman explained. You need grip before you can get axle wrap\hop. Considering you are spinning through 1st and 2nd on a basically stock truck, one of those two variables are missing.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
They are used continental tires Billy. And one of the two is bald. They are hardly reputable performance tires even when new. Wait until you get some real rubber on em. You also ran for a long period of time, unholy high tire psi.

Axle hop is by product of rapid grip/slip like Gman explained. You need grip before you can get axle wrap\hop. Considering you are spinning through 1st and 2nd on a basically stock truck, one of those two variables are missing.

Wait. Guy with bald tires questions plausibilty of traction/wheel hop?

TRDreams

Reaction score
wheel hope brakes driveshafts, if your hopping, get off the throttle!

Top Bottom