Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question on new Nav System

J

JDUB916

Wow, thats a pretty clean setup for those that want to keep a factory look.

x20Runner05

Reaction score
For the price you gonna spend on that. You can get a awesome aftermarket unit like Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, Alpine...etc. Eclipse is only making factory units now. They are no longer fooling with aftermarket units. I know this cuz i am having trouble finding accesories for my eclipse unit.

car15

Reaction score
For the price you gonna spend on that. You can get a awesome aftermarket unit like Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer, Alpine...etc. Eclipse is only making factory units now. They are no longer fooling with aftermarket units. I know this cuz i am having trouble finding accesories for my eclipse unit.

Best price I found locally is about $1000 for that unit. What accesories are you looking for for the eclipse as I might buy this one and sell my eclipse and the accessories. I have them all.

rich017

Reaction score
Eclipse has been out of the aftermarket seen for around 2 years now.

The best navi units are the new Pioneer's and the Kewood's are good only because of the Garmin. Other than that, then Kenwood units themselves are problem prone. Alpine has not really changed their stuff in a while. IMO, buy a $400 Pioneer AVH series and use the app on your iphone for your navi since it goes to the screen. Saves you a ton of $$$

arizonacatjetton

Reaction score
I have a Kenwood DNX 6140 and I LOVE it, never had any problems and love the garmin navigation. It has been everything I could have wanted since the day I bought it

hiflyer

Reaction score
did an iPad integration

Well, just enough to get by

Quite simply it rocks !!!

skipshankle

Reaction score
i researched alot when I got the kenwood thats in mine now (DNX 6140 I think). Rosen I found was slightly better but didn't come for tacoma at the time. prior to truck break in I had a pioneer. The Kenwood I have keeps resetting to factory defaults periodically which is hella annoying. I've tried updating software but no bueno and Kenwood isn't being helpful either. Pioneer seemed to be more reliable. I say stay def with something that has a Garmin GPS in it.

and yes. stay away from eclipse. i found some cool looking ones but not very good reviews on any of em.

Last edited:

rich017

Reaction score
i researched alot when I got the kenwood thats in mine now (DNX 6140 I think). Rosen I found was slightly better but didn't come for tacoma at the time. prior to truck break in I had a pioneer. The Kenwood I have keeps resetting to factory defaults periodically which is hella annoying. I've tried updating software but no bueno and Kenwood isn't being helpful either. Pioneer seemed to be more reliable. I say stay def with something that has a Garmin GPS in it.

and yes. stay away from eclipse. i found some cool looking ones but not very good reviews on any of em.

Pioneer is way more reliable and their customer service is awesome. I have owned Pioneer, Kenwood and Eclipse units. My pioneer avh4300 is my favorite overall. I went through 2 kenwood units in 7 months. The first one had the pre-outs short on it and it fried my Alpine Type X's. The 2nd one kept doing the same thing as yours. Kenwood turned their heads both times and never helped me at all. The pre-out's shorting was a common problem. It would actually produce a bell ringing noise every 3 seconds through the speakers

Don't buy a unit for the nav. They all get the job done and you won't use it as much. That's my 02

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah pioneers are the only way to go for double din units. The kenwoods are really slow and laggy, and eclipse honestly is more about looks rather than sound quality and reliability.

Top Bottom