Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reflash

Clewis333

Reaction score
I took my truck in for that stupid recall (back when i didn't know to stay away from to dealership :doh:) and the put the smaller accelerator and reflashed my ECU.
What i want to know is if there is anyways to reflash to either the older ECU or a better one? I took it to the stealership and they said that toyota only gives them the newest reflashes... soooo ya.
Thanks!:rockon:
-Lewis

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
I read before that they can't undo the recall reflash...only option is a new ecu. I think that's why TRD SC users have to leave their 425cc injectors installed when they sell their blower instead of getting the reflash undone.

I'm sure someone else might have a different answer or better explanation.

And for the gas pedal...that sucks a$$ lol I'm glad they didn't do that to mine. Was that the only reason you brought it that day...for the recall??

Clewis333

Reaction score
Ya. I didn't even know that XRU existed, or that the xrunner had so many possibilities
It accelerated like 3 times on its own. so i took it in... Ironically i was excited that they did a new reflash. my thoughts were that newer was better? haha lil did i know...:frown:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
The only option is to get your hands on a used ecu that hasn't had the reflash, any new ecu will have to be flashed with the latest update Which would have the pedal recall update..... I wish I didn't get mine done either but oh well such is life

Murderface

Reaction score
My truck has seen the stealership once since owning it and that was to get the TRD S/C ECU reflash. It will never see another stealership as long as I own it. I ignore all those recalls I get sent in the mail and have evn had the stealership I bought it from call me and tell me I should bring it in for the reflash and pedal mod....the nerve of some people!

butters607

Reaction score
yep brotha they took you for a ride on that one the only thing the dealer touches my truck for is warranty work that i dont feel like doing like changing a syncro in my tranny at 17k or what there about to do because i have fluid coming out of the seal in my transfer case where it meets to the front drive shaft thats it thats definetley a f up on the factorys part and no mod i have done can have affected that because its been leaking for say a few weeks even before i put this supercharger in

Murderface

Reaction score
Just to let u know XRunners don't have a transfer case, that's only on 4wd vehicles. I'm sure u mean the propellar shaft that's right outta the back of the trans. Mines leaking too

butters607

Reaction score
Just to let u know XRunners don't have a transfer case, that's only on 4wd vehicles. I'm sure u mean the propellar shaft that's right outta the back of the trans. Mines leaking too

yep that one and i wanna know at 23k why the hell it is thats nonsense (thats how many miles i have on my truck) did you ever go in to have that nut or whatever checked i cant remember what the name of it is but there is somthing you have to have re torqued at like 25k

Murderface

Reaction score
Whatcha talkin bout Willis? The pinion nut on the diff?

butters607

Reaction score
Whatcha talkin bout Willis? The pinion nut on the diff?

i cant remember that might be it ill find out sorry clewis not thread jacking just found out im not crazy and the only one having this problem
to check this all you have to do is take your finger and swipe across where the prop shaf goes in towards the tranny i felt a finger full of fluid there its not pouring out but dripping quite a bit

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
To answer your question about the trd reflash on a urd kit, no. For me I just got a recall notice and phone call and said hell no your not touching my truck. I thought is was a funny conversation. lol

Clewis333

Reaction score
damn... is there a trd reflash w/o the trd supercharger that i can do?

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Tuning wise I'd use a map2 or the new map3. TRD reflash is only for those 425's/with the TRD booster.

Clewis333

Reaction score
Oh ok. so if i got a motor controller then that would get rid of the stupid reflash i got?

o5oldblue

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the trd s/c still work with this pedal recall/reflash?

rich017

Reaction score
yep brotha they took you for a ride on that one the only thing the dealer touches my truck for is warranty work that i dont feel like doing like changing a syncro in my tranny at 17k or what there about to do because i have fluid coming out of the seal in my transfer case where it meets to the front drive shaft thats it thats definetley a f up on the factorys part and no mod i have done can have affected that because its been leaking for say a few weeks even before i put this supercharger in

That's just a tailshaft seal... Takes 30 minutes to replace

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^i tried telling him that but he won't listen to reason. About as easy as replacing the crank seal.

Top Bottom