Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Regular service requirements/recommendations.

Azorath

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,
I wanted to hear from the community about how often various components of our beloved X's should be serviced and what problems, if any, should I, or any of us, keep an eye out for in the future. Obviously changing fluids and filters are common knowledge, but for those of us who have only had our X's for a short period of time it seemed prudent to ask around. I'm approaching 70,000 mile with my 09. Does anyone have any recommendations about what I should be looking at servicing or replacing at this point? I know this seems a silly and long winded question (bad habit), but I figured why figure things out the hard way when I have people I can ask.

Azorath

Reaction score
I'm also aware that I wasn't paying attention to which forum I was in when I posted this. If any of the moderaters know how to move this to the appropriate forum section please do so.

Kookla

Reaction score
I have had my 06 for almost 2 years now and I recently got, and I know serious mechanical people may not like them, but the Haynes manual. I am finding it extremely useful, tells u everything u need to do for maintenance n intervals and step by step with pictures on how to do basically everything plus more that u can do In ur garage. I'll look up what it says for ur mileage and post!

Kookla

Reaction score
It says at 60000 miles, check and adjust if necessary the valve clearance.
Inspect evap systems
Re torque driveshaft bolts.
But hopefully before now, the spark plugs have been changed and the drive belt, and brakes, coolant, and whatnot have been done at some point, as according to the manual, all that should be done by now, or at least checked anyways. Hope this helps!!
And never worry to ask, cause everyone on here is more than helpful and in my experience on here, always glad to help!!

Azorath

Reaction score
Sorry for the late thanks Kookla. I'll look into having the brakes looked at. I know I can manage that myself. Thanks again for checking for me man.

Kookla

Reaction score
Not a problem!
I'm actually about to put some redline tranny fluid in (hear very very good things bout it and our tranny) and I'm flushing n changing all of my fluids. I'm at 91000km.....
P.s Im in Canada, so what I looked up for u was in miles. Just incase u notice I put my own mileage in kilometres.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I had an 07 that decided to consume oil all of a sudden. At 50 k it started for what ever reason to the point it took a quart per fill up. I loved driving that X. Just keep an eye on the oil. That was my only issue with the X. Now the X was bought back by the Toyota dealer.

Top Bottom