Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Remote start.

Reaction score
Anyone else have remote start installed? I had it installed yesterday and am experiencing a weird quirk.

If i push the clutch all the way to floor the trick stumbles. If i bang gears while pushing the clutch to the floor the truck stalls until I push the clutch in again. If i don't go to the floor everything works as expected. I'll be going back to the shop Monday to talk to them to see what they say. this is my first experience with remote start so I dunno if it's a normal quirk or what.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Why remote start ??? It's not that cold in WA.

justin13703

Reaction score
That's definitely not normal. I had a remote start/alarm on mine for years and I installed it because I was an installer at the time. It sounds like they did something wrong with the bottom switch on the clutch. There are 2 switches on the clutch pedal, 1 that disengages as soon as you move the clutch pedal down at all, for disengaging cruise control. There is a second one that engages when the pedal is the whole way to the floor, this is the one that will let the truck start. It sounds like they did something they shouldn't have with this one lol. Since you say it only happens when you push the clutch the whole way down

Last edited:

sonic555u

Reaction score
I though the point of remote start was that you don't have to be inside the truck at all and with the press of a button it turns on. But I'm guessing with manuel transmission thats a problem?

Reaction score
Yea with a manual there's a few extra steps you have to take u less you have to take. You park. Press the brake put truck in neutral pull ebrake. Then arm the system. Turn the truck off via the key. The truck continues to run until you get out and lock the doors.

Then it will start remotely as long as you don't open the door

justin13703

Reaction score
Yea with a manual there's a few extra steps you have to take u less you have to take. You park. Press the brake put truck in neutral pull ebrake. Then arm the system. Turn the truck off via the key. The truck continues to run until you get out and lock the doors.

Then it will start remotely as long as you don't open the door

I'm glad you got one installed that actually has that process for manual mode. I've seen too many people hack a cheapo remote start into their manual car in their garage and start that thing in gear and destroy everything in front of it.

Reaction score
Yea I had it professionally installed so didn't really have an option. It would be nice to not have all the steps But ohwell It's safe and not hard.

Plus I have the smart start stuff so I can do all sorts of shit from my smart phone my favorite being the real time GPS tracking. Not worried about it now lol

justin13703

Reaction score
Yea I had it professionally installed so didn't really have an option. It would be nice to not have all the steps But ohwell It's safe and not hard.

Plus I have the smart start stuff so I can do all sorts of shit from my smart phone my favorite being the real time GPS tracking. Not worried about it now lol

Yeah I had that same stuff on my viper. And trust me you want to take those steps on a manual. Once you get used to it you won't even have to tell yourself to do it anymore.

Reaction score
It's not hard to put the rig in neutral and pull the ebrake. I don't like all the laws and rules protect the stupid. I say let Darwin's theory play out

justin13703

Reaction score
It's not hard to put the rig in neutral and pull the ebrake. I don't like all the laws and rules protect the stupid. I say let Darwin's theory play out

I agree but you gotta remember about all the people who's cars get wrecked when that one dumb person starts their remote start in gear lol. The best ones are when people do it and run it through the wall of their garage or into their living room lol

Top Bottom