Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roof Rust help!

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Okay as the title implies, the roof on my 05 X-Runner is rusting. I've ignored it long enough... The paint and clear are blistered and in multiple spots I've got large sections of rust blisters. What do I have to do to remove the rust to prep the metal to be repainted?

xrunrob

Reaction score
sand all the way down and apply a rust stopping agent. then lay down some epoxy primer/sealer. depending how heavy you lay it on you may need to wet sand the primer and reseal before laying color and clear coat. my roof is doing the same. i think im going to do the same but after the epoxy primer/sealer im going to do a carbon fiber vinyl.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Yeah my truck must be cursed it keeps getting hit in the same spot! Twice this year my front end has been destroyed

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does this only happen with the BSPs? I remember Steve posting about this a long time ago but haven't kept up with any other occurances.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Could be.... but it could be from infected chips in the paint! I know when I got a new windshield the guy told me the metal was all rusted but only surface rust.... I'm not sure; I didn't get to see it ..

Top Bottom