Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

snow tire ?'s

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
I seen two other threads on here about snow tires my question is
does anyone have a picture of the tire the are running an a pic
of your X with tires installed? Im wondering if an X would look
good with a more aggressive tire not to knobby but some one mentioned
a different tire size that would fit stock rims but with more choices i forget
the size just wanting to see what its going to look like the most thanks

But this is for winter i live in ohio an the winters arn't to bad but the country roads i
drive on hardly get touched. I just dont want to take achance on wrecking my
truck, thanks again.

Matt's06

Reaction score
2609325442.jpg

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
Mine does not move in the snow. The year I first bought I had to drive in the snow and it wasn't too bad with the factory tires. Just dont be in a hurry and ad some weight.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
P1010055.JPG

and those are blizzaks under all that ice and they work great. :top:

MancheX

Reaction score
Holy crap! That ice on your X looks crazy! I have some Perilli scorpions on my X. I don't think they are snow tires, but they have good sized knobs on them and the work great in the snow.

Xample

Reaction score
i would fret driving my truck in the snow!! that's what cheap beaters are for. i would buy a car for a grand, prob not to much more than snow tires and rims. damn especially with boost that's gotta be rough.:burnout:

xrunnerdude67

Reaction score
Here are mine, while i'm in Chicago. They are 235-60/16 Hankook Icebear W300's I've driven twice in the snow/ice and they gripped great!
DSC02677.jpg

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
well to be honest i dont know what kind of tires to buy i want something alittle more aggresive than what ive seen i think our trucks could look good with an aggresive tread also on the stock rims i dont know i guess
ill wait on someone who wants there truck to look good in the winter
also there gota be someone outthere ill just wait an hope i guess. an i have to have a dependable way to work, i dont drive beaters, an
i'm not boostedi do however have 300lbs of sand an jig that keeps it
right between the wheel wells

itsmeehteo

Reaction score
i have blizzaks on 18 staggered rims...the rears are 255 45 18 stock xr rims size...and the fronts are 235 45 18...for winter blizzaks are the way to go:top:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
blizzaks are the way to go man! Unfortunately no aggressive sport tire is gonna be good in the snow. All the performance tires just suck ass in snow.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i would fret driving my truck in the snow!! that's what cheap beaters are for. i would buy a car for a grand, prob not to much more than snow tires and rims. damn especially with boost that's gotta be rough.:burnout:

Yeah the x-runner is getting parked this winter. Bought an 86 yota 4x4 just for the winter/ hunting. :top:
Funny thing is that I get better traction with the x-runner having the LSD and snow tires than the 86 with open diffs and A/T even when it is locked in 4x4
But it keeps the X clean and salt free thats the main thing

Michigan X-Runner

Reaction score
I odered the std Tacoma size

215/70/15

In snow and ice it is about having a small contact patch, and the smaller it is, the more Force you have over that area... Giving better Snow and Ice traction.

I got steel take off wheels and WS-50 Blizzaks.

I think I will have to put a lot of miles on my truck with those, so I will not

be enjoying the true X-runner experince untill march or april

GSX-Runner

Reaction score
Take it from a guy who has driven through every winter since the intro of the of the xrunner, Bilzaaks are the only way to go. I have 225/70/15s on black steelies. The more narrow the tire the better so putting snow tires on stock wheels won't work as good. I got my set from tirerack for $500 shipped and well worth every penny. Here is a crappy phone pic but you get the idea.

blizzaaks.jpg

xrunnerdude67

Reaction score
Anybody wanna buy mine after this week:) I'll be back in AZ so I won't need them anymore.

xrunnerdude67

Reaction score
I don't think you are talking about snow tires then. I think you probably want something like BFG All Terrains or something kinda meaty? Thats what it sounds like.

well to be honest i dont know what kind of tires to buy i want something alittle more aggresive than what ive seen i think our trucks could look good with an aggresive tread also on the stock rims i dont know i guess
ill wait on someone who wants there truck to look good in the winter
also there gota be someone outthere ill just wait an hope i guess. an i have to have a dependable way to work, i dont drive beaters, an
i'm not boostedi do however have 300lbs of sand an jig that keeps it
right between the wheel wells

Michigan X-Runner

Reaction score
Take it from a guy who has driven through every winter since the intro of the of the xrunner, Bilzaaks are the only way to go. I have 225/70/15s on black steelies. The more narrow the tire the better so putting snow tires on stock wheels won't work as good. I got my set from tirerack for $500 shipped and well worth every penny. Here is a crappy phone pic but you get the idea.

570 this year! lol

Top Bottom