Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Soon to be Supercharged!

DBX

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just dropped off my 2010 X-runner to have the TRD Supercharger & CAI installed at Wesley Chapel Toyota. Tony, the service manager is doing the work, spent about 45 minutes talking with me and showing evrything he was doing, including pictures of before and after on a Tacoma he did last week. Just when over 10K miles, got my 2nd oil change about 2 weeks ago, truck should be ready Thursday morning, if not Wednesday EOD. Just have to drive my other car for a while, but don't feel sad for me....., it a 2006 Red Corvette Convertible. Having them do the work keeps the warranty in place and in effect, besides all my tools are for woodworking. Other news, I just changed my Remington 700 ADL(.308) to a BDL and swapped the synethic camo stock for a Boyd thumbhole stock, had to enlarge the inlet for the barrel it was made for a tapered barrel, I have a bull barrel.

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Sounds good. Which intake are you getting?
1gen or 2nd gen TRD? AFE?

triumphx

Reaction score
Have you seen the remington 700 .308aac tactical? Its pretty sweet rifle, i just added a remington 700 .204 ruger and heckler&koch .40 to my collection. Congrats on the boost, im hoping ill be there soon!

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Sounds good. Which intake are you getting?
1gen or 2nd gen TRD? AFE?

I would imagine it's a Gen 2 TRD intake because of the CARB cert and the fact that almost no dealer will install the first Gen TRD intake with the TRD blower.

To the OP congrats on getting the blower! Hopefully if u are getting the Gen 2 TRD intake Toyota has worked out the bugs with it throwing MIL lights and running like Poo Poo. U may wanna hit up Gadget for a MAF cal incase u need that intake tuned for/with the blower.

Post pics when u get it back brotha!

gregincali

Reaction score
Very cool welcome to the dark side:burnout2::burnout2::burnout2:

kenneth206

Reaction score
It's been a couple months since I went boost. Now I forget what NA feels like. Now I need something more hahahahaha.

Congratulations dude. Be careful of those fun 3rd gear pulls on the freeway! The staters don't like that. I got pinged at 93 in a 60...dude was cool though and dropped it to 65+ in a 60. He asked me how long I had been going that fast. I almost told him since January when I got the truck!

09runner

Reaction score
how much did the whole thing cost man? to include the s/c and the install from toyota. and whats the dyno reading for hp and tq? i thought about going to the same route eventually so im curious to see how it goes for ya.

kenneth206

Reaction score
3750 for the SC
300? for the fit kit
300? for the short shifter
1000 to install both SC & SS
10% sales tax

all in all like 5800 or something...a lot of people here said it should have been a lot cheaper but I couldn't find anyone in WA or OR that would do a CA or NC price...

I think somewhere I saw a dyno print out of 260 WHP with just the TRD SC but I could be wrong. I forget how much TQ

how much did the whole thing cost man? to include the s/c and the install from toyota. and whats the dyno reading for hp and tq? i thought about going to the same route eventually so im curious to see how it goes for ya.

Last edited:

09runner

Reaction score
right on man. preciate the info. as soon as you get some hard numbers off the dyno you should post em up. lets see what that baby is really putting out! congrats on the boost job!!!

DBX

Reaction score
Well it finally happened, the Parts dept order the wrong kit, it took them from May 24th to June 3rd before I got my truck back. Wesley Chapel Toyota did the work, the service dept. is excellent, Tony & Shawn did a great job, the Parts Dept is worthless, first gave wrong prices, guess they can't read, wrong parts, seems like they would check them before beginning work since I pre-ordered them to avoid this situation. Long story shortened, use Wesley Chapel Service Dept. Tony took time to explain things to me before and after the installation. Shawn was the main contact and he got my bill redeuced from ~$1K, to $640. Parts on the other hand, never took ownership of the problem, nothing they could do, absolutely worthless. The Customer Relations manager who I left a message for, never called back. I will continue to have my truck serviced there, just get the parts from somewhere else. By the way, now we're talking something more my speed!

The main reason for the delay is that my Mom had a stroke and has been in the Hospital since Memorial Day, my sisters, nieces, nephews & I have been spending everyday with her, she is getting out of the hospital next week. She is expected to make a full recovery.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about ur mom. So what's the deal with the blower? Is it installed yet or what?

3750 for the SC
300? for the fit kit
300? for the short shifter
1000 to install both SC & SS
10% sales tax

all in all like 5800 or something...a lot of people here said it should have been a lot cheaper but I couldn't find anyone in WA or OR that would do a CA or NC price...

I think somewhere I saw a dyno print out of 260 WHP with just the TRD SC but I could be wrong. I forget how much TQ

Ya those prices are a bit steep, always check with us first before buying any mods because we know the best deals and where to get them. U can get a blower with the fit kit on EBay from Toyota of Dallas for $3860 shipped. The ECU reflash to run the bigger injectors for the blower shoulda cost $99 and the install shouldn't have been more then $600. It sucks that u couldn't find any stealership to buy the kit from for cheaper and to do the install cheaper. That's when being able to install the parts yourself comes in handy. Now I understand why u wanted them to install it because of ur truck being brand spankin new but most of the time they phuck up the install. We've seen a stealership forget to add the coolant for the intercooler and cause the engine to knock really bad:thumbdown: It's very important to have that coolant in there so that it can cool the air down coming outta the blower. Just recently I worked on a fellow members X who had his truck at the stealership to get an oil leak fixed and when I opened the hood to look at a few things I noticed that they had moved the passenger side air bag harness outta the way to do the work and never tied it back down. Well the harness ended up sitting right on one of the header runners and melted the harness jacket right down to the bare wires, the harness was stuck to the header and I'm surprised it didn't ground out the wires and throw a MIL or even cause the airbag to deploy all of the sudden. He's very lucky he didn't have a passenger and then get into an accident where the airbag needed to be deployed, it coulda been a bad situation for that person. Ya know the stealership woulda never fessed up to doin that either.

Always recheck the work that they do because 9 outta 10 times u will find that they didn't put something back together correctly or just left shit hanging there un installed.

Last edited:

sohc4now

Reaction score
Hey I'm located in brandon/riverview area if you ever need a hand working on the XR. I'll accept a ride in a boosted truck if I must......

kenneth206

Reaction score
Oh, I checked here and started a thread in F/I about it. In fact I read all the backlog on almost all of the XRU forums over the last 6 months and started before I bought my X (I was seriously researching late model STIs previously, and before that 2001.5 S4s, being a home owner and a bass player in a band kinda required a truck).

At the end of the day the cost to take my X somewhere out of state to have an install cheaper was way more expensive than having the stealership do it, and bringing my own parts would have only saved me a fraction of the entire cost. I did lose a bit of cash on the fit kit but the SC price was on par. Unfortunately the labor was "11 hours". About 5 more than TRD suggested. They didn't care, of course. After all my work they did ask me to come into the bay and look at everything; either how the oil change went (subsequent visits) or what I thought of the SC install.

Also, for some reason everything costs more up here. I guess I'm just used to it.

Sorry to hear about ur mom. So what's the deal with the blower? Is it installed yet or what?

Ya those prices are a bit steep, always check with us first before buying any mods because we know the best deals and where to get them. U can get a blower with the fit kit on EBay from Toyota of Dallas for $3860 shipped. The ECU reflash to run the bigger injectors for the blower shoulda cost $99 and the install shouldn't have been more then $600. It sucks that u couldn't find any stealership to buy the kit from for cheaper and to do the install cheaper. That's when being able to install the parts yourself comes in handy. Now I understand why u wanted them to install it because of ur truck being brand spankin new but most of the time they phuck up the install. We've seen a stealership forget to add the coolant for the intercooler and cause the engine to knock really bad:thumbdown: It's very important to have that coolant in there so that it can cool the air down coming outta the blower. Just recently I worked on a fellow members X who had his truck at the stealership to get an oil leak fixed and when I opened the hood to look at a few things I noticed that they had moved the passenger side air bag harness outta the way to do the work and never tied it back down. Well the harness ended up sitting right on one of the header runners and melted the harness jacket right down to the bare wires, the harness was stuck to the header and I'm surprised it didn't ground out the wires and throw a MIL or even cause the airbag to deploy all of the sudden. He's very lucky he didn't have a passenger and then get into an accident where the airbag needed to be deployed, it coulda been a bad situation for that person. Ya know the stealership woulda never fessed up to doin that either.

Always recheck the work that they do because 9 outta 10 times u will find that they didn't put something back together correctly or just left shit hanging there un installed.

Top Bottom