Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SPEC-U EXHAUST

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
Most vehicles loose power with out any back pressure unless you're wot all the time. You should just get an exhaust and get cut outs. Doesn't it drive you nuts? The drone on the highway must be unreal.

Reaction score
Most vehicles loose power with out any back pressure unless you're wot all the time. You should just get an exhaust and get cut outs. Doesn't it drive you nuts? The drone on the highway must be unreal.
doesn't bother me at all... Our trucks aren't that loud... Also there is an article somewhere about back pressure... Can't find it, but it explains it all. It's not like I cheaped out and just cut off the muffler...

o0opackersfano0o

Reaction score
Cops don't bother u at all?

Attachments

• IMG_3837.JPG
    IMG_3837.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 351
Reaction score
http://www.gomog.com/allmorgan/exhaustbackpressure.html summary of the original article I was talking about

Looks like an article written by a dude wearing tighty whities in his basement.

Expansion comes into play, not backpressure. The expansion helps scavenge the gasses at low to mid RPM from other cylinders from the next exhaust event (think Y pipes and equal length headers) but they also can't expand too quickly as in a dumped exhaust. In the end, that setup is causing a loss of low to mid end power but an increase of high end power which isn't good for daily driving. Keep in mind that I'm talking about fully stock engines.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like an article written by a dude wearing tighty whities in his basement.

Expansion comes into play, not backpressure. The expansion helps scavenge the gasses at low to mid RPM from other cylinders from the next exhaust event (think Y pipes and equal length headers) but they also can't expand too quickly as in a dumped exhaust. In the end, that setup is causing a loss of low to mid end power but an increase of high end power which isn't good for daily driving. Keep in mind that I'm talking about fully stock engines.
The original article that guy ripped off explains that, and also uses dragsters for examples of back pressure myth

Reaction score
Those are all force induction...
One argument they used was to partially block the pipes and watch it run like crap.tje consesus of it all is that there is a happy medium in all applications. Now URD headers and URD y-pipe certainly exhibit the happy medium for our motors

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
One argument they used was to partially block the pipes and watch it run like crap.tje consesus of it all is that there is a happy medium in all applications. Now URD headers and URD y-pipe certainly exhibit the happy medium for our motors
You have no clue.... comparing dragsters and race cars to a v6 Tacoma. Not a clue. FYI. Your truck sounds like shit. If you like it. It's cool. But...... I'll keep quiet. Don't wanna get in trouble lol

Reaction score
Point is they make ridiculous power on open headers.... I have a full exhaust, and I doubt there's much gain or lose to be had on the 1gr.

Reaction score
Point is they make ridiculous power on open headers.... I have a full exhaust, and I doubt there's much gain or lose to be had on the 1gr.

The point isn't a good one though because of the airflow difference.

Read up in exhaust scavenging. It's weird how it works but it's an actual thing. Ever notice that massive chamber on the exhausts on 2 strokes?

Reaction score
The point isn't a good one though because of the airflow difference.

Read up in exhaust scavenging. It's weird how it works but it's an actual thing. Ever notice that massive chamber on the exhausts on 2 strokes?
But wouldn't the equal length headers do the scavenging?

AZRckCrwler

Reaction score
Also, if the natural sound of our engine is a bit raspy, why try to get rid of that? That's its sound! Embrace it! I couldn't care less what it sounds like, what kind of PERFORMANCE is it going to give? If better performance means rasp, then I love the rasp :)

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
You're kidding right? LOL. IMO that is the worst sounding exhaust I've ever heard on a taco. To each his own but damn, that's nothing BUT rasp.
Lol the sound reminds me of putting playing cards in bicycle spokes back in the day

Top Bottom