Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Spec U Headers Installed...need more power

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Im allways down the road if you want to try stufff,i kinda just gave up on trying to figure it out,removing the flex joint deff helped mine but mine allmost like left side on the ypipe

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
Got an email back from G today. There is something concrete in the works...

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I straight piped the full spec u system no muffler and holy **** its loud it sounds so mean but yet i mean stupid loud lol

x-runner kid

Reaction score
G said he has something for me to try as well so hopefully it works. Don't want to give details because they are not my details to give.

Reaction score
I straight piped the full spec u system no muffler and holy **** its loud it sounds so mean but yet i mean stupid loud lol

That's similar to my setup, I got URD headers, competition Y, and side exit NASCAR style with no muffler. It's super loud too

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
That's similar to my setup, I got URD headers, competition Y, and side exit NASCAR style with no muffler. It's super loud too

It's not really, the equal length Y pipe changes the tone completely. That being said, the volume of the exhaust setups could be similar. DTLT plus the Spec-U exhaust is right on the limit of what I can handle for a daily. I don't know how anyone drives theirs with a louder setup.

Reaction score
It's not really, the equal length Y pipe changes the tone completely. That being said, the volume of the exhaust setups could be similar. DTLT plus the Spec-U exhaust is right on the limit of what I can handle for a daily. I don't know how anyone drives theirs with a louder setup.

I watch to much racing in person, so my truck isn't too loud to me...

MiamiChillin

Reaction score
I just turned 38 and it's happening already. I think it's because I drive so much.

Yea that make sense. I only drive 4 miles either to school or to work. Everything else I do is usually close by. Able to keep the miles down on the XR like that and the Accord as well. About to hit 33k now.

550orm5

Reaction score
I just installed the full UDR Spec U exhaust system with headers. It sounds absolutely TERRIBLE!!! It rattles "zings" like there are pennies inside the exhaust from 2000rpms up to 5000rpms. My mechanic has worked on my cars performing aftermarket modifications to 6 of my vehicles. This exhaust comes with Zero instructions! It rattles like hell! All Gadget at UDR says is "wrap the merge collector after the header with exhaust wrap to quiet it down" ....um no that doesn't work idiot. Your product is terrible. Avoid this system at all costs. Oh and let me guess he still doesn't have a fix for it...

woodex m.e.

Reaction score
I just installed the full UDR Spec U exhaust system with headers. It sounds absolutely TERRIBLE!!! It rattles "zings" like there are pennies inside the exhaust from 2000rpms up to 5000rpms. My mechanic has worked on my cars performing aftermarket modifications to 6 of my vehicles. This exhaust comes with Zero instructions! It rattles like hell! All Gadget at UDR says is "wrap the merge collector after the header with exhaust wrap to quiet it down" ....um no that doesn't work idiot. Your product is terrible. Avoid this system at all costs. Oh and let me guess he still doesn't have a fix for it...

Stay out of the forums. There is nothing wrong with these components.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Stay out of the forums. There is nothing wrong with these components.

Actually I agree. I love URD and haven't had any issues until this exhaust and I have tried every fix possible to get rid of the rattle rasp or whatever ppl want to call it. I have even tried the new section that gadget made for me on the passenger side and it helped for a small amount until about two weeks ago (I barely drive the X) and now it seems worse than ever. I drove it at my autocross event and it sounded worse than the rices out Hondas and I have video to prove it from outside the truck finally. There have been a few ppl I know of who have had the exact same issues and even one or two who have removed the system all together.

fishsticks

Because fast lifted truck.
Reaction score
Yeah, the new section just seemed to make the exhaust "buzzier" at the tip, if that makes sense. I took it off and put the original back on. I've been meaning to email G and ask if he wants that piece back. I may try wrapping the Y, since it's pretty obvious that's where my noise comes from.

I'm used to it now, honestly. These days I'm more concerned about the uneven fuel trims I have between banks.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
So why not just sell the spec u y pipe and get the comp,ive straight piped it so its soo loud hahaha u cant hear buzzing,but i wouldnt mind hearing a diff muffler on the full system maybe borla or like a slp

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score

You never answeref my question about which year model you truck is, on the other forum. So......? Is your truck an XR or other model?

Did you swap out the Y-pipe and catback with aftermarket, or are the stock?

Did you do any checks like I said to on the other forum, to make sure there aren't any loose components?

Did you listen to any of the other members' inputs who had problems and fixes for them?

All of that being said, tread lightly with your attitude. Or you will not find help here. TRUST ME.

Top Bottom