Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Squeeking tob

Rlearley

Reaction score
So I have a squeezing throw out bearing,but am not eligible for the warranty job. My question is, what are the long term implications if it's not fixed right away. I can deal with the noise, just don't want to cause serious damage.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
No serious damage is gona get done its just gonna keep getting louder

Rlearley

Reaction score
*IrunnIt* said:
No serious damage is gona get done its just gonna keep getting louder

Cool thanks for the input. I'll just wait til I need a clutch to fix it.

CBRBob

Reaction score
That is, unless you chew up the input shaft housing the TOB rides on so bad it breaks lol.

indyxr

Reaction score
I actually called a dealership in my area about the TSB since the majority of us are already out of warranty. The parts and labor (estimate) for ths TSB will run us about $500.00 and some change of course depending if labor rates are different

CBRBob

Reaction score
You could just put in the URD TOB sleeve kit!

bangbang

Reaction score
Is yhere a write up on how to do the URD tob sleeve kit. Ive been looking and can't find one. Ima have to get it soon its getting louder. Just would like to know what I'm bout to get myself into before I buy it thx

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
This is the work order from when I got the TSB done and shows the parts and part numbers used. now for the prices for each I have no idea

10b47f11.jpg

CBRBob

Reaction score
Is yhere a write up on how to do the URD tob sleeve kit. Ive been looking and can't find one. Ima have to get it soon its getting louder. Just would like to know what I'm bout to get myself into before I buy it thx

You basically can just remove the driveshaft, unbolt the trans and slide it back. Install the kit and reassemble.

The kit is a new(different) TOB and a steel sleeve that goes over the input snout. It is secured with set screws.

bangbang

Reaction score
Sounds easy enough probably gonna buy the tob on the 1st

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Thats your best bet, I did that about a year ago, no noises yet. Except the chatter from the sleeve kit but its better than squeeking

Make sure you stake the bolts that hold the sleeve on you don't want that thing coming loose

Last edited:

xrunrob

Reaction score
same damn problem on my truck. that damn noise pisses me off. think im going to order the urd kit

adamewwy

Reaction score
Welcome to the TOB Squeak club..lmao. I can handle the noise until I get the funds to replace the clutch and TOB ugrade from URD. It sucks though cuz when ppl ride with you they think something is wrong with your 20K truck. lol

Top Bottom