Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS Sway Bars w/ Stock Suspension

RRCanuck

Reaction score
I finally decided to keep my truck as a daily driver and sadly wont be lowering it due to the shit winters and roads around here. The sway bars were always on my list but now that Im sticking with the stock suspension it might of put them to the top. So I was wondering if anybody on here is ridin stock with the SS sways? And if so, what do you think? I know adding any type of sway bar is going to increase the handling, sittin sic or not but Im looking to find out if theyre really worth the money. Thanks boys.

butters607

Reaction score
Yes they are man those things are great before i put the drop on I put on just the sways and they were awesome very noticeable difference with just these on

Murderface

Reaction score
Why are u so worried about lowering the truck? I get a shit load of snow around my parts and aside from not having any type of snow tires or even all season tires I don't have any problems with getting around. Is it because they don't plow the roads where u are? If that's the case I doubt a 1.75" front and 2" rear drop would really matter. Just my opinion and I know ur gonna do what's best for ur truck.

I had mine lowered when I put the sways on sonic no help there but I can tell u they will work better if ur lowered for the simple fact that u would have a lower center of gravity. They will be a big improvement over stock regardless if ur lowered or not.

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Yes they are man those things are great before i put the drop on I put on just the sways and they were awesome very noticeable difference with just these on
Thanks for the quick response bud. I was actually hoping that youd chime in, I remember reading somewhere that you had them on before your drop, just never got to see what you thought.

ntinhri

Reaction score
Sways were the best mod other than the s/c..

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Why are u so worried about lowering the truck? I get a shit load of snow around my parts and aside from not having any type of snow tires or even all season tires I don't have any problems with getting around. Is it because they don't plow the roads where u are? If that's the case I doubt a 1.75" front and 2" rear drop would really matter. Just my opinion and I know ur gonna do what's best for ur truck.

I had mine lowered when I put the sways on sonic no help there but I can tell u they will work better if ur lowered for the simple fact that u would have a lower center of gravity. They will be a big improvement over stock regardless if ur lowered or not.
Its not only the snow around here but the conditions of the roads. For a daily driver I really cant stand a rough ride and considering the truck rides pretty rough as it is, I dont think I could bare much more. As bad as I want to lower the truck she already sits pretty damn low and still clears everything around town. Itll always be on my list of things to do but I think Im leaning more towards a set of 20s. I appreciate the comments though man, thanks.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
No problem bud, like I always say to people I enjoy helping out when I can. Now I do have a problem with u saying u want to run 20's and here's why:
If the roads are so shitty ur gonna be worse off with 29's because ur gonna have to lower the aspect ratio(sidewall) to keep the stock tire height so that (A) the mileage wont be off and (B) the speed won't be off. The smaller sidewall is gonna allow those potholes to callapse the sidewall and dent the lip of the rims, not sure you've thought about that or not and u really can't keep the aspect ratio at 45 like stock because it will increase the overall size of the wheel, rub on the front inside federwell and lower the speedometer and mileage(the mileage is a good thing tho cuz it will show less miles). They also may rub on the SS sways depending on the perfect offset
Just tryin to help

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Ya I would love to be sittin sic with a nice set of 18s but I just do think I can dump that much into this thing being my daily vehicle and all. Ive always considered eventually getting another x as a toy and just swapping everything over (+boost) once I grow tired of this one but thatbcould be years. For now with this one Im thinking of just getting some tough wheels for the roads here and then who knows maybe a drop kit if the times right. Ill only be riding on them for 6-7 months out of the year so they should hold up for a couple of summers.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
i was on 20's and sittin sic for the witer no problems! I drive all over ontario with my truck and have no issues, QA!'s are a must though. Also saw a dude at a car show with his x DJM'd and rockin 22's and 25 series tires!!! that is extreme for onterrible!!

RRCanuck

Reaction score
i was on 20's and sittin sic for the witer no problems! I drive all over ontario with my truck and have no issues, QA!'s are a must though. Also saw a dude at a car show with his x DJM'd and rockin 22's and 25 series tires!!! that is extreme for onterrible!!
Ya Im not sure on what Im doing yet, I change my mind all the time with this truck. Ill be getting the sways soon whether I end up lowering it or not, I cant justify spending money on rims or a drop this year especially if Im going to be looking for winter rubber in a couple of months. I still havnt decided if shes going to get to play in the snow again though...

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
If your getting the sways I would jump on it asap since I hear sittin sic is officially folding...

RRCanuck

Reaction score
So I should really consider whether Im droppin it or not too eh haha

Top Bottom