Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock looking addition USB/AUX jacks for aftermarket head unit.

X_Less

Reaction score
I don't know if this is common knowledge or if it actually belongs in this section...

But I'm in the process of completely overhauling the sound system in my 07 X-Runner... With my taste, I like clean and simple. So in other words... Looking stock.

The head unit i'm looking at getting has 4 USB plugs and 1 aux jack in the back, Instead of trying to find a place to put a few extensions adapters I started looking at the 2009-2011 under dash panels for the 3 slots.

If you have an 05-08 and wan't to get a 09+ panel, They'll fit but it's kinda costly...

For the 09-11 the part number is 55407-04040-B0 (I paid $100), 12+ has 4 holes but I didn't like the lay out. The dead switch is 5539-28160-CO if you so choose to buy one or a few (they're like $5), The cover outlet like the one on the left side (I bought 2) is 85535-0C010-B2 and the USB/AUX thingy is made by AXXESS and it's AX-USB-35EXT

I bought all the Toyota parts from http://partsfactory.camelbacktoyota.com/ and the USB thingy came from Amazon.

I'm only going to utilize 1 AUX jack and probably plug the other if I can't find one that is dual USB... They literally just clicked right in and fit perfectly.

20150217_161121_zps8asmauhc.jpg

20150217_161149_zpszirtv09m.jpg

I didn't install it yet because I have yet to buy the head unit, But for now I'm just buying the vehicle specific parts and playing with idea's like this.

Hope this helps anyone who's looking for a cleaner way to get multiple USB ports without having wires hanging out of the center console or glove box.

Top Bottom