Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock Radio turns ON and OFF after battery was changed

Izhr818

Reaction score
Hello,
I was out of the county for a few months and My dad had my truck battery changed. Today I came home and drove my truck and I noticed that the radio turns on and off automatically. when I change station it turns off, when I put a CD in, it doesn’t play and turns off.
It also says on the radio screen “CD IN” when there’s no CD in the radio.
Can someone help me please.
i have an 09 x-runner and a stock stereo in the truck.

Last edited:

madtrucker

Reaction score
That sounds like a power problem or a problem with the deck. I would take it to a stereo shop that you trust. They aren't going to charge much for a diagnostic. Especially if you end up buying a new one from them or having them repair the one you have. I don't think it's the power. You can check that fairly easily.

mejbro

Reaction score
It could be the deck.
I bought an '08 X-runner with 17 miles on it and had the Factory Stereo ( with 6 CD changer ) swapped by the dealer before my first oil change.

mejbro

Reaction score
Meant to add, that I was experiencing the same issues.
The Dealer never told me if it was a ground issue or anything.
They just immediately replaced the Factory unit.

sf.larry

Reaction score
The radio is actually my biggest complaint on the truck. I had those same problems (plus many more). I had mine replaced 6 times under warranty! One of the times they put a new unit in and I didn’t even make it out the parking lot before the volume control started failing. Once my warranty ended I replaced all that junk and haven’t had a problem since.

madtrucker

Reaction score
I hate stock radios. I always end up getting rid of them.

Izhr818

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies and advice everyone. I will probably take it to a stereo shop and change my unit.

Edgeman

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies and advice everyone. I will probably take it to a stereo shop and change my unit.

I highly recommend you visit Crutchfield and do the swap yourself. You never know what wires an "audio shop" might cut during their install, and with the instructions Crutchfield provides, not to mention their excellent customer service, it is probably much easier than you imagine.

Crutchfield supplies harnesses that plug into your vehicle's existing audio wiring. What I do is spend about 20 minutes connecting the supplied adapter harness to the new radio, then do the install.

Beware that if you want to use the existing steering wheel controls, you'll have to buy an additional adapter module (from Crutchfield) too.

Top Bottom