Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stock tire issue

87aaron

Reaction score
2013 X with 11K miles and stock wheels and tires. The truck feels like it has a balance issue - vibration from around 40-50 mph and from 70 on up. But, it is intermittent. The other day, I drove 20 miles or so on the highway in the morning and it rode smooth. 4 hours later, the same drive had enough vibration that the rear view mirror was blurry. It's Florida, so there wasn't much temperature difference in the road. The dealer re balanced the wheels which had no effect - and made sure to warn me that they had no warranty on the tires after 1 year. Unfortunately, this problem seemed to creep up after 1 year and 6 months.

I've heard some people complain of the stock tires flat spotting, but it really doesn't seem like that because my other car has z rated tires that flat spot after sitting for a week, but driving for two minutes seems to fix those flat spots.

Any ideas as I really don't want to be on the hook for new tires when these have only 11K on them.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
What kind of tires are on it? Still have the bridgestone Re050? Im willing to bet that the tires are out of round or the dealer said they balenced them but they didnt. I work at a dealership and ive seen them do that stuff from time to time. Its basically because they are lazy. The bridgestones dont last long anyways

87aaron

Reaction score
Yeah, it's the stock tires. They did at least attempt to balance them as they chipped the wheel finish taking the weights off. The have a road force balancer which should catch out of round. Out of round should also vibrate consistently.

Top Bottom