Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

STS turbo kit help/advice

na-mr2

Reaction score
Anyone remember x-roller? Way before my time as a member. I believe i bought his turbo kit. Was used in another member's truck and now on its way to me. Anyone have first hand knowledge of this kit/truck? Already committed to it so no turning back. Its a turbonetics turbo if that helps. I don't have parts in hand till Friday.

Gadget

Reaction score
Mark Torres had that system. One thing he learned is you cannot drive it in the rain.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it still set up as a mid-mount turbo?

X-roller

Reaction score
Which kit did you buy? The STS kit is bottom mount. The final kit was all custom fab with the help of Torspd for the headers etc.

XeddeX

Reaction score
why was that?

Probably because the STS kit mounted the turbo in an unconventional location (underbelly of truck) where it was subjected to all elements of nature.

Water ingested by the turbo whenever it rained or spalshed thru large puddles.

blu xr

Reaction score
Probably because the STS kit mounted the turbo in an unconventional location (underbelly of truck) where it was subjected to all elements of nature.

Water ingested by the turbo whenever it rained or spalshed thru large puddles.

that's strange...didn't realize someone would mount one in such a way.

reminds of the time i saw a twin turbo vette with the snails mounted behind the rear tires...

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya the STS was originally a "mid-mount" and Torspd unfortunately found out the hard way that it made a create shop vac for puddles. He customized his into a front mount eventually.

X-roller

Reaction score
The STS kit just needs a snorkel to be fairly reliable. I had issues with the external oil pump which is why I converted to a top mount after running the STS. I’ve seen people cut a hole in their bed and run the snorkel into the bed with a bed cover on. Largest air box in the world. Send me a PM if you have questions. I’ll try to help as much as I can but I don’t remember much about that particular kit.

Top Bottom