Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tailgate issues when loading motorcycles?

stan23

Reaction score
Hi All,

New XR owner here. I bought a used XR and noticed the tailgate was bent in the middle. I bought the truck to haul my bikes to the track, and that bent tailgate didn't give me much confidence. The tailgate was so bad, that if I stood in the middle, It creased.

I bought a straight used tailgate and would like to keep mine from bending.. Should I load the bikes to the side? Should I look for alternative reinforcement?

Thanks!

stan23

Reaction score
Thanks! I can't use the TSB because my truck is way out of warranty!

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
That might be from something else I have loaded my bike and other bikes I had in the back as well as quads with no issues.

rennurx

Reaction score
Just pop the tailgate off to load. Takes three seconds.

STONER-X

Reaction score
I don't load anything on my tailgate. .. every time I put my four wheeler in it I take it off.... it sucks....

I think there is a way to make it stronger. . In the tsb

stan23

Reaction score
I have a buddy who also does trackdays with his motorcycle and makes reinforcement tail gates for the 2nd gen Tacos. He showed me his the other day and i'm very impressed. The only thing I didn't like is that in order to make the tail gate stronger, there is a lip that goes over the top of the tail gate. I don't think that lip would look good on my red xr... But still thinking about it.

Top Bottom