Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The official exhaust thread

pledcan

Reaction score
My local Lordco has the magnaflow cat back(17115) cheap ! I will hopefully be getting a afe intake as well...will this cat back and intake yield power gain at all to my bone stock 06? Will it be too loud? Opinions anyone?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
You will see some small gains in power, and if will not be that loud, when you start removing cats is when it gets loud.

pledcan

Reaction score
Ok! Thank you! I'll go for it then! Am I correct to assume that the part number I gave before hand is the same exhaust others have been talking about?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
That is the one for offraod and the tail pipe ends before the axle and will not go to the Xrunner opening in the body kit but it's uses the muffler that most owners use to cut the factory muffler out and weld in. It will sound great but just know what your getting.

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/displayapplications.asp?partnumber=17115

This is the Xrunner specific magnaflow Catback
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...a=pla&ci_kw=&gclid=CJnzmNPOsb8CFUdcfgod9FYALg

It's cheaper to buy the URD which is the same thing

http://urdusa.com/Exhaust-&-Headers-Exhaust/c93_95/p1260518482/URD-Stainless-3%22-Mark3-Exhaust-2005-2012-Tacoma-V6/product_info.html

shane881510

Reaction score
Y pipe sexiness. With just the y pipe and no muffler this thing sounds like a beast.

pledcan

Reaction score
WoW.....I'm Glad I checked! Yeah Lorco guy screwed up! The correct one is much more! The Urd s.s. cat back. is a bit cheaper than the correct one, once it's shipped here to Victoria Canada.

So I've ordered it! My 06 is bone stock...Will the 3" be to big for my truck? Will the power be to peaky and high in the rpms? Shall i Change my order?

Imput/reassuring my purchase decision would be appreciated!

thanks,
Paul

hrspwr236

Reaction score
You will not have any issues with the 3" piping, URD did dyno test and it showed no significant loss on the lower rpms and and overall increase through the whole rpm band. I am straight piped from the factory headers back and have no loss on the low end power that I can feel through the seat of my pants.

pledcan

Reaction score
So I've ordered the urd cat back! I've got a bit more $ to throw at my truck. Should I go for the y pipe?

Will it be too loud?

Will it give me a check engine light?

Is it worth it?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
So I've ordered the urd cat back! I've got a bit more $ to throw at my truck. Should I go for the y pipe?

Will it be too loud?

Will it give me a check engine light?

Is it worth it?

Loud is merely opinion but the sound level will definitely increase due to removing the cats. You will not have a CEL as the rear cats are not monitored. I say it's worth for increase power and sound. Of course I like it loud, I have y-pipe and no muffler and I can say that setup is a little loud and not for freeway driving but i think you will be just fine with the URD catback, it's a larger muffler. Just the catback alone is slight louder than stock.

kcidmil

Reaction score
Loud... not really. I have a Aero 3030xl with 3" from the Y back. I was louder than the full Shorty headers, URD Y and URD Cat back.

pledcan

Reaction score
I just installed the equal length headers and the urd cat back(and intake) Sounds great! Yeeehaww ! Sounds so good that I can't stop hitting the rev limiter!!! Defiantly makes the truck a bit peppier! I recommend this combo for anyone.

Will my stock cat back fit my buddies 4x4?

The EX

Reaction score
What's the best bang for your buck with the headers that are out there?

pledcan

Reaction score
exexit.jpg

is this too close? will it damage my body kit? it's the urd mk3

pledcan

Reaction score
exhere.jpg

or is this really close to the sway bar? anyone else had this problem? any Ideas to improve on?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you not rotate the components?

AZ Sun Lover

Banned
Reaction score
Loaded Sound Question

I just found an used older URD 3" cat back. Looks to have two very small resonators before and after the main Magnaflow 5"x11'x22" muffler.

Plan was to update the rear hanger to fit the latest model Tacoma 2013 to 2015. Than buy an URD Y-pipe. I have been reading until my eyes can't stay open.

We just bought a 2015 Double Cab Pre-runner and from what I have read is this cab has more "drone" than the Access Cab on the X-runner.

My question is has anyone here have / had 1st hand experience with this type of set-up? Yes I went through the videos but the ones I found were deleted.

If so would like to hear your replies! Also does URD have sales like 10% off or N/C shipping anytime of the year?

Thanks for your replies,
Randy

Last edited:

pledcan

Reaction score
I would move it down just a hair.

You can stuff a large stick into the tip and push it down a hair.

G

I have to push the tip back down every time I drive...the connection at the rear of the muffler, and the tail pipe slips.. What have I done wrong? Maybe I've stretched the band clamp? I can keep forcing the nut, but I don't think that's the issue, as the front clamp holds great. Any ideas? I assume a u clamp sucks?

Top Bottom