Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Things may look a little different for a while

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone - wanted to make a quick post about the board being down and why things look so different. The short version is that the forum software was WAY out of date. In addition to upgrading the forum to the latest version, we also:
- Upgraded to the latest version of PHP. This provides a more secure and faster website among other things.
- Installed an SSL certificate. This was also LONG overdue and may be part of the reason why XRU has seen so much traffic loss. Circa 2018, Google started penalizing sites that did not have an SSL installed; meaning that they were deprioritized in search engine rankings.

So, we got all the updates made but at the expense of losing all of our styling and options. The way I see it, this gives us a good chance to reassess the layout of the board and see what we can do to make it easier for everyone to use, especially on mobile. If you have any ideas, I'd love to hear them!

As always, thanks to those that keep this forum alive so that we can continue to share information about the Toyota X-Runner.

mejbro

Reaction score
Also, K2 I didn't see the post for donations this year...

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Thank you, Klint!
I’m glad that XRU is still around.

Happy early 14th birthday to XRU!
I guess getting a facelift was in order!

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I'm not on as much as before but glad that you are keeping it up. Not many Canuck on it anymore

Superloki24

Reaction score
I'm not on as much as before but glad that you are keeping it up. Not many Canuck on it anymore
I'm still here. Daily routine is to check the site for any updates. Sadly, though I don't have many updates to give. Truck hasn't had anything done to it in the last couple of years. Maybe someday I'll get the TruTrack in and the Traction Bar installed.....

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's possible but I'd love to see mobile notifications. If you are able to create a post and then get mobile notifications every time someone replies, like most social media platforms, I would bet would increase engagement

Wayside

Reaction score
Also still here, I usually stop by 3-4 times a week , would have loved to had made it to x fest but the boarder requirements seem to be chaining daily these days. I am really happy the sight is still going as i am not into the whole social media thing.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I'm still here. Daily routine is to check the site for any updates. Sadly, though I don't have many updates to give. Truck hasn't had anything done to it in the last couple of years. Maybe someday I'll get the TruTrack in and the Traction Bar installed.....
All good down your way? Did a few mods on my 14 since I got it. AFE Cold air, Magnaflow exhaust and I have JBA headers sitting on the shelf that I have yet to install. Truck under a cover for the winter. Only have 52400 Km on it. Need to drive it more this summer.

Jwall

Reaction score
It's good to see everyone is still here for the most part and keeping this site going. It was a sad weekend for me, the X was put into a trailer and shipped to Kentucky, sold to a very nice guy who has been looking for one for a while and fell in love with mine. So you may see a Canadians xrunner in the Kentucky area this next year. He plans on supercharging it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220115_210445.jpg
    IMG_20220115_210445.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 205

Jwall

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for or know someone who wants a urd twin disk clutch let me know

Superloki24

Reaction score
All good down your way? Did a few mods on my 14 since I got it. AFE Cold air, Magnaflow exhaust and I have JBA headers sitting on the shelf that I have yet to install. Truck under a cover for the winter. Only have 52400 Km on it. Need to drive it more this summer.
All is good man, still driving the X daily, so I'm just about to break 200/k. I still have a Tru-Trac and Trac Bar that I need to install.....maybe when it gets warmer out.

Click

Reaction score
I still check in. Don't post much and sad to see it's not as busy as years ago. Like some have said, I'm not big on social media and used to come here all the time. Good info. Bought some upgrades through people on here.

Hawaiis Ribbon X

Reaction score
I miss seeing photos of that beauty my fellow BRM!

blu xr

Reaction score
still around also.
please bring back 'dark mode'

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
It's good to see everyone is still here for the most part and keeping this site going. It was a sad weekend for me, the X was put into a trailer and shipped to Kentucky, sold to a very nice guy who has been looking for one for a while and fell in love with mine. So you may see a Canadians xrunner in the Kentucky area this next year. He plans on supercharging it.
He’s selling the wheels!

Attachments

• 27DC637C-EADF-4DE7-95AA-C18188CD0D7E.png
    27DC637C-EADF-4DE7-95AA-C18188CD0D7E.png
    6 MB · Views: 153

Lynxshd

Reaction score
wow, I am sorry for your loss. and those wheels look nice.
how was the performance of the truck with 22's on the back. did it affect the speedo and how peppy that truck was?

Top Bottom