Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tilt steering column swap?

Nashman

Reaction score
Well I may be getting some seats soon because I don't car for the stock ones.

My truck never came with tilt I know the 4x4's did but did any of the 2wd come with tilt ?

I have read the 4x4 ones have thicker knuckle on the end and it no possible to make work ?

:canada:

x-runner kid

Reaction score
No tilt wheel? Do you have a Xr? My 06 X has tilt and telescoping wheel.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
There's a lever/flap on the bottom of the. Wheel down on the column. You pull it then it moves freely up/down and in and out

Coupe

Reaction score
I think it is more of a drop steering wheel.

Nashman

Reaction score
lol yup I am blind looked for it again when i went to the gym not much adjustment and yes it more of down type wheel and to far in it hit your knees.

I just might try t lower the seat it sits so tall or just get rid of them I am not a fan of them much

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I can't handle sitting low though. The stock seat height is perfect for me. Good comfort (as far as height goes) good visibility. I just wide the stock seats would have better features. Like more of a bucket to the back so it's holds you better in corners. Also would be nice if the bottom had a tilt/rock back feature.

Nashman

Reaction score
I can't handle sitting low though. The stock seat height is perfect for me. Good comfort (as far as height goes) good visibility. I just wide the stock seats would have better features. Like more of a bucket to the back so it's holds you better in corners. Also would be nice if the bottom had a tilt/rock back feature.

I figure ya would see more if you sit lower

justin13703

Reaction score
I figure ya would see more if you sit lower

The lower you sit the more of a blind spot you will have in front of the truck from the dash/hood being essentially up higher from your perspective.

Not trying to be a negative nancy lol, but you definitely don't see more by sitting lower. I've ridden in friend's cars that have racing seats basically bolted to the floor, and I hate everything about it lol. I feel like there's a damn blind spot 300ft long in front of you cause you're like eye level with the dash

Nashman

Reaction score
there is sitting on the floor and then there is sitting in the right viewing area

justin13703

Reaction score
there is sitting on the floor and then there is sitting in the right viewing area

Everyone's preference is different. Personally I felt like the stock location in the x runner was perfect. Felt like I was sitting more in a car than a truck.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Everyone's preference is different. Personally I felt like the stock location in the x runner was perfect. Felt like I was sitting more in a car than a truck.

That was my feeling as well. Just wish the seats had a bit more adjustment like the bottom of the seat could rock forward or backward if needed. And more side support

Top Bottom