Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tire help...

fuseaku

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm in the market to buy new tires again, what do you all think about these? Do any of you have any experience with these tires and are there any other tires that you think I should get instead? I'm looking for a tire that will last me a while, and if I ever end up doing some more autocross I'd like them to perform well on the truck also. That being said, I probably won't get to race at all this year due to just having shoulder surgery and going to have a baby in July.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...oyota&autoYear=2005&autoModel=Tacoma+X-Runner

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I had the Hankook V12 EVO2. Great handling

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I had the Hankook V12 EVO2. Great handling

This, I absolutely loved them on my last set of wheels, although I am very happy with my Nitto Invos, the tread pattern is sexy and performs wet and dry!

fuseaku

Reaction score
How many miles did you get out of them and did they see any track time? I want a nice looking tire, with nice tread life, less road noise, but something that will handle well too. I probably won't get to do any auto crossing until next year, so they don't need to be totally racing geared.

Limitless

Reaction score
Just recently bought a new set of tires so I'll chime in on my opinions. And to note I drive pretty vigorously so my tread life usually isn't the greatest. Plus with the drop I have I usually end up having to replace tires because the insides get worn out from the camber so I never get a full tread life out of a tire.

I would get the Ventus V12's over the nobles. Has the V12's and loved them. Great handling dry or wet and held up pretty well when autocrossing. I got almost two years out of them which is pretty good for me (maybe about 30k miles)

Nitto Invos are pretty god for the price as well. Haven't tried them but they were high on my list of tires to get.

I have the Continental ExtemeContact DW on now, held up ok for daily driving but one autocross day ate up most the tread and didn't give me the extra grip to make up for it. They probably would have gotten me about 30k miles but the track killed them a little earlier.

Now for what I just recently purchased and am going to try, I am going for the Bridgestone RE-11's but had to step down to a 245/45/18. wanted to get something more performance oriented and they don't have a lot of options in the 255 size. And according to tirerack, the tread width on the pavement was actually wider then the 255/45/28 Ventus V12's. The RE-11s are mainly for grip but still get decent wet day reviews so I can use them for daily driving.

My second choice would have been the new Michelin Super Sports that seem to get crazy reviews just about everywhere but that would have been the 245/45/18 as well. They are supposed to get great tread life and even better grip.

Last edited:

fuseaku

Reaction score
I currently have the Extreme Contact DW's and I agree, they couldn't take the autocross abuse. I'll take a look at the tires you mention, thanks!

Top Bottom