Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Track Daze at VIR May 31 2014

True

Reaction score
Hey guys, been watching this thread for awhile and finally got my schedule straight that I can cruise down to support the x runners and meet some of you guys. Not sure when to drive down(I'm actually off that whole weekend, Friday included) but you guys' enthusiasm has me psyched. Looking forward to it.

Miami_X

Reaction score
Hey guys, been watching this thread for awhile and finally got my schedule straight that I can cruise down to support the x runners and meet some of you guys. Not sure when to drive down(I'm actually off that whole weekend, Friday included) but you guys' enthusiasm has me psyched. Looking forward to it.

Excellent!! So, you gonna run your X?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, this is not exactly a thread hijack, because this question is directly related to my VIR trip, so - here goes:
I finally found out which size Rotora pads my BBK uses BUT do I get the H2 Ceramic (street/Light Track) or H6 High ceramic (Track/Race) Pads?

AND, when I put the brake kit on, I plan on flushing the fluid and replacing it. Which high-Temp fluid should I use to avoid overheating at VIR?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Those H6 pads really eat the rotors. My kit came with them. Been running the Rotora H2 pads and they have done much better at not eating the rotors and worked very well on the track. Like autobodyx mentioned about other brands, I'll be switching to the Carbo Tech's though. Better materials. Better braking. Rotors that still live a little.

Also, modded my hats to fit Stop Tech rotors. Woot.

True

Reaction score
Excellent!! So, you gonna run your X?

Oh no, maybe next year but for one I'm still a bit intimidated if we're being honest lol. That and my brakes and tires are definitely in need of replacement here soon and I don't have the money. I'm hoping one year out there to watch might build me up to try out the track next year. That and I love meeting all of the x runner owners, honestly has been a pleasure each time.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Oh no, maybe next year but for one I'm still a bit intimidated if we're being honest lol. That and my brakes and tires are definitely in need of replacement here soon and I don't have the money. I'm hoping one year out there to watch might build me up to try out the track next year. That and I love meeting all of the x runner owners, honestly has been a pleasure each time.

Bring a helmet with you maybe you can catch a ride. Long cotton sleeves and pants are required and leather/cloth (non plastic ) shoes.

copied off Trackdaze web site rules.
Long, cotton pants and long-sleeved, cotton shirts are mandatory when on-track unless announced during the drivers' meeting.
Open face helmets are strongly discouraged. They will be allowed as long as they have the proper SA2005/M2005 rating. Visors on full-face helmets must be in the "down" position while on track.

Clewis333

Reaction score
Good news guys, just registered. i'm number 333. i got the $20 lap data thing for shits and giggles. can't wait. anyways leaving from the Hampton Roads area? i wanna leave on friday afternoon.

autobodyX

Reaction score
Great news glad you can make it out!
If you need a hotel contact Jeff he needed someone to take his reservation.
I can't wait to go, I work on getting my truck ready every chance I get.
I need to scrape last years data tag off, I like to have people ask me what it is and see their reaction when I tell them. You do what with a truck?:laugh:

autobodyX

Reaction score
A few pics of my latest improvements.

14140015254_98c6bc1ac1_z.jpg

13953116039_9b92833a6f_z.jpg

14159857453_6ba502c0f4_z.jpg

14159852503_9a307c1eb7_z.jpg

azburnin

Reaction score
That looks good! Does that blow cold air go directly to the groin? Ya know for hot days?

BondXII

Reaction score
That's funny that is the same thing that Amy and I were taking about doing. :) Where did you get the "horn"?

autobodyX

Reaction score
That's funny that is the same thing that Amy and I were taking about doing. :) Where did you get the "horn"?

I cheeped out a little they are aftermarket fog light hole covers that I bought from Keystone 8.22 each from Toyota they are like 40.00 each. I,m sure the OEM fits better, but I'm happy with these. I posted this up for you, I knew you would do the same thing. I have the blowers mounted in these and still run the two other ducts that are mounted under the bumper. The stoptech BBK kit needs more cooling than the TRD kit, with the Carbotechs and the track speeds.

That looks good! Does that blow cold air go directly to the groin? Ya know for hot days?

Ha Ha I'll add to my mod list GROIN BLOWER:blurock:

Last edited:

gunner76137

Reaction score
Anyone have a spare helmet? I've hunted high and low for mine, Guess it didn't make the move from Texas !! That or its buried in the boxes that are still in storage from the move.

Clewis333

Reaction score
who's this jeff guy? text me @ 309 363 9613 if you still need someone to take your reservations, what hotels are you guys staying at? and i'm about to install my stop tech bbk... do i have to do this brake ducting? did you take out your wheel well shrouds? (the black plastic around the wheels) if so, you should do a write up on how to do this (i don't do much fab work. i'm a fan of bolt ons ;))

autobodyX

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just discovered that I have a scheduling conflict with another event that I must attend that weekend. So, I'll be canceling my registration. :thumbdown:

However, the hotel room I booked at the Best Western in Danville is non-refundable. So, I'd love to sell my two nights (Friday and Saturday) to any of you guys who will be going to the event. Two nights for a total of $150. If you're interested, let me know via PM or email: macg33k@gmail.com

This really sucks. :argh:

This is the Jeff guy.

Clewis333

Reaction score
what about this ducting? and what hotels are you guys staying at?

BondXII

Reaction score
what about this ducting? and what hotels are you guys staying at?

There is a ton of heat that builds up in the brakes for stopping this thing from triple digit speeds. Anything helps with cooling them down. Even if you don't go all out like Mike did with forced air from blowers and what not, ducting still helps. The last we were up there, I bought some ait horns and ducting to run to the rotors. I just had it zip tied to the LCA and let it blow on the rotor the best it could. This time I actually ordered some spindle back plates to connect the ducting to force the ait better.

We're staying at the Pit Lane hotel (name is self explanitory). Also rented a garage below the room to do any work we need to on the truck. Like last time...as long as our X isn't broke at the time, it is open to any of you that may need to fix something.

BondXII

Reaction score
I'm staying at the track in my tent.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=49001&highlight=trackdaze&page=10
Post 92 and 98 show simple brake ducting, it helps and its easy, if you have the time. You will be fine without any for your first track day.

True. Probably wouldn't need them if it's the first time doing a track event. Only helps when you get comfortable with the truck over time and really start to push it into the turns and strat braking later and later. Obviously, the harder you're braking, the hotter they get. :crinklehair:

But if you feel the need...wouldn't be hard us to do this at VIR.

:blurock: All of us in two weeks. LOL

988705_855979527751919_5933234293542427242_n.jpg

Last edited:

autobodyX

Reaction score
Anyone have a spare helmet? I've hunted high and low for mine, Guess it didn't make the move from Texas !! That or its buried in the boxes that are still in storage from the move.
I,m looking around but have not found one for you yet. You may be able to rent one at VIR they have cartting and I 'm sure they have to rent helmets with the carts, if you know soneone in your local Autocross group they always have helmits for the novices.

Top Bottom