Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trans HELP PLZ. Fort Hood Area

Mjp92284

Reaction score
So I let my buddy borrow my truck to move and apparently he decided to back it up a tremendously steep driveway and the clutch gave out soon after. Bought a new clutch kit, trans fluid and a shit load of 3/8 extensions. Was hoping someone in the Fort Hood/Killeen area had any experience replacing this bad boy. Any other help would be greatly appreciated as well

x-trucho

Reaction score
That's why I never ever let anyone's use my truck. I prefer go whit them and help. I hope you friend will spare some Cash to get it fixed good luck ..........
yheaaa im back

butters607

Reaction score
The trans is nothing to drop do you have access to the autocraft? if so I would take it there and put it on the lift take out driveshaft unplug sensors, y pipe (you will need new y pipe gaskets) drop it fix the clutch grease the input shaft and put it back together I have done it myself it isn't that hard but two people is really easy...while your in there replace your throwout bearing too..

Mjp92284

Reaction score
Any hints on getting the tranny back in? The dowel pins will not align and its not seating correctly

06 xr

Reaction score
Sounds like your input shaft isnt lining up with the splines in the clutch, either the clutch isnt centered on fly wheel or turn the trans shaft or have a friend rotate the crank a little while you try line it up

Gadget

Reaction score
Put the trans in gear.

Use a socket on the crank bolt and have someone wiggle the engine back and forth so you can get the splines to line up and slide in.

G

Mjp92284

Reaction score
So i broke the Clutch Accumulator Assembly. Anybody have one lying around?

Top Bottom