Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD S/C - Install myself or let stealership do it?

self install or stealership install

• self install

Votes: 152 85.4%
  • stealership

Votes: 26 14.6%

• Total voters

Vince77

Reaction score
I've only installed one so far, and it's not bad at all, just time consuming.
Seems like the instructions make it harder than it needed to be, but being a first install, I did it step by step.
If I was to do it agian, it would be done much quicker.

Good mechanics are hard to find, I've worked with some really good ones. I've also worked with some fools that break as much as they fix. You just never know which you're going to get.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Good mechanics are hard to find, I've worked with some really good ones. I've also worked with some fools that break as much as they fix. You just never know which you're going to get.
this is true, which is why im gonna do a self install. i just cant justify getting a toyota "tech" that has no idea what he is doing and possibly destroying a truck with 4000 miles on it. if i do it, i KNOW its done right

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Ill be gone in April, but its pretty straight forward, hardest part is getting the stock crank bolt out. Also if you want you can throw in the trd injectors, go to the dealer and get the reflash before you put the blower on. Runs just fine with just the injectors and reflash n/a.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
Ill be gone in April, but its pretty straight forward, hardest part is getting the stock crank bolt out. Also if you want you can throw in the trd injectors, go to the dealer and get the reflash before you put the blower on. Runs just fine with just the injectors and reflash n/a.
the dealership is right down the road from the garage im gonna work out of, so ill just baby it on the backstreets to toyota

elynor_v

Reaction score
If there's anyway possible - DIY. When it requires special tools or involves warranty, stealership.

butters607

Reaction score
quit procrastinating this thing and bring her down to el paso and lets slapp it on haha

Corrupt24

Reaction score
Im all for learning to do things myself. I've done a lot of the basic things. I'm sure you guys can help me with the rest.

ac281

Reaction score
If I knew how to do it myself, I totally would.

I envy those of you who have actual mechanical ability.

Murderface

Reaction score
If I knew how to do it myself, I totally would.

I envy those of you who have actual mechanical ability.

It's actually very simple to install the TRD blower and the URD is very simple to install also. In the past 3 years I've installed and uninstalled it about 7 times now. Besides you'd probably do a better job yourself then the tools that work at the stealerships Bwahahahaha!

Top Bottom