Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: 4.0 Engine Tick '05-'06

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Here's the 4.0 Engine tick TSB. :top:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,159
Last edited:

edinha

Reaction score
Thanks, i am going to print this out and take it to the Dealership and slap them with it!!!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Also, just something to keep in mind if you have this tsb done. There is a bracket on each side of the transmission that goes to the manifold (its called the manifold stay.) My dealership failed to bolt them to the new manifolds so a couple of months later i started getting a bad rattle and went under the truck to notice that the bolts that holds the bracket to the tranny had came loose causing my awful rattle. The funny thing is just a month before finding them loose i had taken it in to get the rattle checked. They couldn't find anything wrong, go figure.

rx-runner

Reaction score
i was wondering do they fix it without you telling them, or do you have to tell them?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Your gonna have to atleast complain about the ticking and then maybe remind them of the TSB :top:

Alexrunner

Reaction score
what are you guys talking about? Im not mechanically saavy, so what does tbs mean, and what tick are you hearing?

SupraJunky101

Reaction score
TSB, Technical Service bulletin

Alot of the XR's have nasty ticking noise, some people say its the injectors firing. Some think its something else. Mine comes and goes

Strangerthanlife

Reaction score
Here's the 4.0 Engine tick TSB. ID: EG5027 and here's the pdf file :top: http://markass.com/hosting/Exhaust_TSB.pdf

Source: Toyotanation

Below is a quote from the first of the TBS... so 2007 should have the new exhaust manifolds....
:hmmmm2:
"Some customers may experience a ticking or tapping–type noise from the engine area at 2000 – 2500 rpm during acceleration that is most oticeable after a cold soak. New exhaust manifolds have been developed to minimize this condition."​

Alexrunner

Reaction score
i have an 05, but i hear no tick...should/can i get it replaced anyways?

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
Clicking

Is the noise that kinda sounds like a tapping valve? Because I had that since day 1. Just thought it was normal.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
My 3000gt had the same noise and it was from the lifters and injectors. My x had it the day i got it but i considered it to be normal. I had the TSB done for the hell of it and i hear no difference with the new manifolds, still ticks.

trd_sport

Reaction score
hmm so its 96 months or 80kmiles for it to be covered under the emissions warrranty. You think they would let us keep the stock manifolds on there now? I experience a bit of a ticking sound mostly only notice it at idle and thought it was normal? What exactly do the upgraded manifolds have that the others don't?

FuCt

Reaction score
Mine had the sewing machine sound happening, i bitched about it for a few months before they swapped out my manifolds. NO CHANGE in sound whatsoever.....havnt bitched anymore, runs fine. Hate the service i get from my dealer. THeres still unresolved issues since delivery and its been a yr and 2 mnths. Ive lost hope, have to fix it al myself someday.

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had heard the same thing Fuct --- that changing the manifolds didn't really do anything. I've just come to appreciate the fact that I have a hawt looking truck that sounds like it's about to fall apart. :biggrin:

FuCt

Reaction score
I had heard the same thing Fuct --- that changing the manifolds didn't really do anything. I've just come to appreciate the fact that I have a hawt looking truck that sounds like it's about to fall apart. :biggrin:
COuldnt of put it better myself. With the subs up and the engine revvin it sounds great!

i_ski

Reaction score
sounds like a great way to get some new catalitic converters at oh say 79,000 miles ;)

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Well if you don't notice any sort of difference, maybe it's a different type of ticking the TSB is directed towards.:dontknow:

Top Bottom