Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: 4.0 Engine Tick '05-'06

Stevenredx

Reaction score
does this cover the ticking sound during idle? and its nothing to do with the clutch described in the post before me

Yes, this TSB is "suppose" to get rid of that. But here is the thing, i have had this done and i know of others as-well and it didn't help the ticking. Its just nature of the 1GR :top:

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
The main problem I think is people keep saying ticking noise but are sure what they are listening to. The noise the TSB covers in a exhaust leaking sound heard under load. The noises at idle are the fuel injectors, Evap valve when its active, and the solid lifter drive train.

A throw out bearing will not wear out your clutch. But if the bearing fails it will not disengae your clutch.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Just had mine done at the dealership. They said it involved $1300 in parts... all under the 5/60 pwrtrn warranty.

mrc71

Reaction score
My friend had it done to his 2006 TRD Off Road Tacoma and it didn't help at all.Mine is a 2008 which should have the updated parts and it sounds just like his 2006.I do agree that the tick is a bit excessive for a brand new vehicle but I know it is just the way this engine is so I don't let it bother me.I really only notice it when I am going through the drive thru at the bank or McDonalds or something like that.I don't notice it while driving.

Troskey

Reaction score
yessssssss....i gotta print this out and take it to the stealership tomorrow...dude tried to tell me it was intake noise...wrooooooooooong! i think this is exactly what it is....only time the noise happens is under acceleration and about the same rpm range...

how long did the R&R take? please say less than a week!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
yessssssss....i gotta print this out and take it to the stealership tomorrow...dude tried to tell me it was intake noise...wrooooooooooong! i think this is exactly what it is....only time the noise happens is under acceleration and about the same rpm range...

how long did the R&R take? please say less than a week!

FYI, this TSB doesn't seem to change the ticking very much. (it did nothing to mine) Most of the noise you hear is the fuel injectors and stuff. It's just the nature of the 1gr. :thumpdown:

Troskey

Reaction score
FYI, this TSB doesn't seem to change the ticking very much. (it did nothing to mine) Most of the noise you hear is the fuel injectors and stuff. It's just the nature of the 1gr. :thumpdown:

i thought it was said the fuel injector noise would come from the truck when it's idle...i dont think i have any noise when the truck is idle...only during acceleration...

Stevenredx

Reaction score
i thought it was said the fuel injector noise would come from the truck when it's idle...i dont think i have any noise when the truck is idle...only during acceleration...

Hey, it's worth a shot either way. Whats better than new parts for free? :biggrin:

Troskey

Reaction score
Hey, it's worth a shot either way. Whats better than new parts for free? :biggrin:

you are correct my friend...but still answer me this if you will...

how long does it take!!?!?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
you are correct my friend...but still answer me this if you will...

how long does it take!!?!?

R&R on the manifolds is rated 1.6hrs.

Took them about 3-4 days to get the manifolds in. :top:

rich017

Reaction score

your truck does.

lamecargo

Reaction score
Man my truck is tickin and i took it in and the tech said it was the shims in the valves i wounder if they would let this cover my 07

Troskey

Reaction score
the dealer i took it to said there was nothing wrong with my exhaust manifolds...they heard the ticking and everything...their a bunch of idiots...how can i fight this? anyway?

Top Bottom