Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: 6 Speed tranny manual

gosaints420

Reaction score
got 1000mi on my new tranny put amsoil in right away and still alot of times it's a b!tch to get into 1st and rev. i'll be calling about this soon.

qponde51

Reaction score
hey guys i called and gave them my rant. they gave me a case number 0912138090. and said the dealer will give me a call in 3 days and have me bring my truck in for a tranny check. hopefully this works, thanks for the post. happy holidays to all. ill let yall now what they do.

rav-o-nation

Reaction score
better make sure they pay for it and not you dont let them dick you around and make you pay for something that they want to see. if they do make you pay for it tell them to pay at least half and pull out your urd ss just so they dont try to dick you around with that

qponde51

Reaction score
I already brought it in before for my tranny and they took out my ss and replaced it back to stock saying it would fix the problem. so i dont have a ss anymore, but they did give it back to me. ill put it back when i get this tranny issue dealed with. and im not paying s**t either. not for these crappy trannies.

joman

Reaction score
would i qualify for this TSB? going from 2nd to 3rd is really rough its like the gears are sticking together...i'm not sure if anyone experienced this as well?

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath for this gentlemen, I love Toyota but getting them to fix our tranny's is like trying to take a bag of doritos from a fat kid.

DoubleD

Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this thread!

I just got a new trans, clutch and flywheel all put in at my unhappy expense and I'm super upset about it. I gave the manager and the service desk an ear full for a while. They just looked at the ground.

BUMP BUMP

SX TOY

Reaction score
^^ hate to hear this man. I simply couldn't take a hit that big especially for a new truck. if I wasn't as tight as I am now the t56 swap would be further along.

Reaction score
With all the quality issues lately in the news with Toyota I'm surprised no one has tried to get some visibility with the transmission issue. Anyone have some journalism contacts they could tell about your documented problems. If they really want to save face and prove they care about safety and reliability they should include our transmissions as well.

nine9six

Reaction score
My 5th gear is grinding HARD. I really hope I don't have to replace the tranny. I'm at 64K miles and I'll get out of the truck and get a Tundra if I'm going to start having issues left and right...

TacoInvader

Reaction score
With all the quality issues lately in the news with Toyota I'm surprised no one has tried to get some visibility with the transmission issue. Anyone have some journalism contacts they could tell about your documented problems. If they really want to save face and prove they care about safety and reliability they should include our transmissions as well.

I agree, this is what exactly needs to be done for us. :smile: Any takers?

i_ski

Reaction score
I didn't know where else to post this but if it helps anyone with getting their Transmission replaced or getting TSB out there. They did try to blame the failure on the MT-90 but I was having none of it! Perhaps if people post a stack of these there'll be a little more movement.

picture.php

Full sized Image -> http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/04-152349L/2887/jpg/03/2010/img4/glowfoto

:canada: FTW

Attachments

• Toyota.jpg
    Toyota.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
That file is too small for me to read. Could you upload on the web somewhere?

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Its crazy that it takes this much for something to get done about a continued problem.

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
^^^ My squeal came back today... I took too long to get rid of it while I had my window of opportunity :frown:

YotaFab

Reaction score
got it done! sooooo happy.... Mossy toyota in San diego Ca

08x

Reaction score
just to let everyone no by the end of the year there is sposed to be a tsb out for the throw out bearing and it replaces that and the bell housing and main shaft the throw out bearing rides on as per toyota when i was in school last week is wat i was told

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
looks like the 05 guys will be screwed. My 5 years warranty is up. :thumpdown:

SSSXR

Reaction score
just to let everyone no by the end of the year there is sposed to be a tsb out for the throw out bearing and it replaces that and the bell housing and main shaft the throw out bearing rides on as per toyota when i was in school last week is wat i was told

(in my best jim carey/ace ventura voice)

OH REHEHEHEAAAALLLLYYYY????

Top Bottom