Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Bent Rear Tail Gate '05-'08

05runner

Reaction score
I or anybody else is complaining. I'll speak for myself when i say i just would like to have the work done if its offered especially for free. There is nothing wrong with my gate, so for me its a piece of mind for when i start loading stuff. Yours took a hit and held up thats cool. Thats why i asked or wondered if the newer models were probably already with the newer version tailgates that they made the TSB for the older versions like mine.

skilledbum23

Reaction score
i dont know, i think they already did some of the few tsb for the 07 models, it makes sense to do them this way they dont have to worry about more trucks coming in to the dealerships to get it done

05runner

Reaction score
Oh hell i read your story the other night. Glad all is good since that car hit you. Your all straight on the fix up. Yeah i talked to the dealer today when he called and the TSB gives the truck an all new tailgate so im guessing the 07's already have it. By the way sweet truck good luck on the fix up.:top:

nubz69

Reaction score
Has anyone had the new TSB done? Has anyone had it done who is out of warentee.

05runner

Reaction score
I am getting mine done finally on monday. Its been about a month. Had to call the dang dealership like every other day to keep them and me up on what was going on. All the while racking up the miles. I went by there monday so they could get my paint code and miles i had 35,600. He called today and said to drop off truck monday i got currently 36,011. LOL..:laugh:

05runner

Reaction score
It can be. But i think the issue was its not a recall but just a bulletin. If the shop is cool enough the should or might do it. Just explain to them why they should i.e. you loading an expensive bike or piece of equipment. They hooked me up and it seemed like its covered under warrenty the way the took info off me. Dont quote me though

CBRBob

Reaction score
As long as your problem is documented prior to the time/mileage under warranty, you will still be covered.
As far as them wanting to do it, when they asked what the problem was, i just told them that I would want to know who to send the bill/lawyers paperwork to when the tailgate folded while I was loading a $10K motorcycle.

wshsbears

Reaction score
I am getting mine done finally on monday. Its been about a month. Had to call the dang dealership like every other day to keep them and me up on what was going on. All the while racking up the miles. I went by there monday so they could get my paint code and miles i had 35,600. He called today and said to drop off truck monday i got currently 36,011. LOL..:laugh:

u'll be ok.. they recorded ur mileage before and thats a permanent record. if they turn it down b/c of 11 miles, they're stupid b/c thats a big law suit and u just got urself a free tailgate and possibly enough for a new truck..

if they give u hell, call toyota, they'll take care of it.

take a pic of ur odometer before u drive anywhere. make sure the date shows up somewhere either on the picture or in the file u save it in. that'll be even better proof b/c toyota knows when the tailgate was ordered.

toyota ordered me a new one b/c i mentioned the TSB.. now i just need to figure out how to bend it lol..

05runner

Reaction score
Oh yeah im documented. I got pics the date and the guy who took my info. They tried in the beginning to give me crap because my current tailgate isnt bent or anything. I started along the same lines as what cbrbob said about my bike and they started looking stuff up too. So they should be hooking me up on monday hopefully with no problems. LOL..:rock:

Last edited:

emo_X

Reaction score
it says 06-07 tacomas

3 years / 36,000miles

on the tsb

chris

Stevenredx

Reaction score
The original TSB has been changed to BO018-07 and i have also updated the file in post #1 :top:

x20Runner05

Reaction score
WE need pics of some bent tailgates so we know what we looking for. Cuz what one person idea of bent if different then anothers view.

rich017

Reaction score
look down your tailgate from the top on the part inside the bed. You will see that it is bent and can see the bumper

05 X-R

Reaction score
I need someone in GA with a BSP still under warranty...

Dallas

Reaction score
mine had just a small buckle at the top (circled area ) and they replaced it no charge.

Attachments

• dcp_2013 b.jpg
    dcp_2013 b.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 272

costa07

Reaction score
bought mine as is with the damage already done.....way past the milage for it to be taken in

downsize.jpg

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
mine had the same problem but i bent mine pulling my bike in the back! i have the spoiler on my tailgate now days and under it i put some alluminum angle iron on the top edge to hold it together and so far it seems to work! ill try put couple pics on here! the pics suck took them with my phone and the memmory was full so didnt turn out well

Top Bottom