Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Bent Rear Tail Gate '05-'08

mpower

Reaction score
completly tacoed mine. i riveted some 3/4x3/4 alum tube inside before i got my new one painted and is is stronger than all hell, and only added 5 puonds

SOHCmyDOHC

Reaction score
Revisiting this tsb and was wondering if MY08's had the upgraded tailgate. If so how can I tell?

Thanks

Rickysnickers

Reaction score
Maybe call your local dealer and provide the VIN off your truck. That should allow them to see if it's been done.

Rick

SOHCmyDOHC

Reaction score
Didn't want to really call the dealer. Thought that someone here could tell me is all.

Snakerb

Reaction score
SO, went to the stealership today and asked about this tailgate thing and the lady who worked there says there's no such thing and that I shouldn't believe everything I read on forums -__-....... Thank you useless Toyota of Goldsboro

redarkx

Reaction score
Wow... Go see a tech. That's the only way you'll get anything. Got a friend who is a Toyota tech back in Arkansas and helps me out.

Snakerb

Reaction score
I went straight to services and the tech working there wouldn't listen to me pretty much. Said she'd worked there 11yrs and never heard about this. Another tech below her asked her to check it out for my sake and she wouldn't

Reverend_d

Reaction score
I will go to my dealer and ask my good friend over there that is a writer and see if they can get me the tailgate under warranty mine is all bent to hell from loading my bike.

kcidmil

Reaction score
I think I'll have to take mine in and see if I can get a new tailgate. It was fine before we pulled it off to paint it. I've never set anything heavy on it. Went to go re-install it and the right side won't latch when closed normally. I've got to lean into it as I slam it shut.

redarkx

Reaction score
kcidmil said:
I think I'll have to take mine in and see if I can get a new tailgate. It was fine before we pulled it off to paint it. I've never set anything heavy on it. Went to go re-install it and the right side won't latch when closed normally. I've got to lean into it as I slam it shut.

New one from Toyota is about 400... Unpainted. Mines bent from the previous owner and I'm out of warranty.

Reaction score
I plan on doing this...I bought my truck used. I believe the previous owner was a member on here.

would the dealership have record of tsb's or any other warranty work done on the truck?

I might just open up the panels on the tailgate to see if it was done.

Last edited:

madtrucker

Reaction score
would the dealership have record of tsb's or any other warranty work done on the truck?

Yes they keep a record of everything that's ever been done to that truck at any dealership. They will print it out for you. It's good stuff to know.

Top Bottom