Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Clutch Pedal Squeak Noise '05-'06

161R

Just picked up my X from the dealership for the squeek. They told me that this TSB didn't apply since mine is an 07 and the TSB applied to specific VINs as listed in the TSB. They did say that they'd fix it as part of the warranty though. Then I asked if they needed a copy of the TSB. They said that the TSB that I brought is just a quick reference guide for manufacturer issues. BOTTOMLINE, I took it in and they fixed the cluth squeek. Seems like they definately changed something, it feels totally different now. Most importantly, no squeek.

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Just picked up my X from the dealership for the squeek. They told me that this TSB didn't apply since mine is an 07 and the TSB applied to specific VINs as listed in the TSB. They did say that they'd fix it as part of the warranty though. Then I asked if they needed a copy of the TSB. They said that the TSB that I brought is just a quick reference guide for manufacturer issues. BOTTOMLINE, I took it in and they fixed the cluth squeek. Seems like they definately changed something, it feels totally different now. Most importantly, no squeek.
They did that for me last year too. TSB didn't cover my truck, but it was covered under warranty! No more squeak and got a Tundra 5.7iForce for a weekend!:top:

Talerra

Reaction score
does any1 with a 2007 have this squeak noise?? I have an 2007 purchased in Feb and it has the squeaky noise. Kinda pissed.

Added the last 4 pages to this post, sorry vinniebOi :biggrin:

I DO!!!!!!!!!!:argh:

CJX-RUNNER

Reaction score
Yep, the 09's officially do this too! Great...:thumpdown:

HiFi-08XR

Reaction score
My xr does the same too!!!its a 2008...
The squeek comes by here a there...

rice247

Reaction score
I did. It took 4 trips to the dealer. They kept telling me they don't hear anything. It of course wouldn't squeak while I was there. Last time I took it, I was able to repeat the squeaking.

They ended up replacing the whole clutch pedal assembly.

indyxr

Reaction score
well my truck falls under that and i DO have that sqeek! i called the stealership and of course im out of warranty.... they quoted me at around $510.00 for the damn TSB!! UGH :motz:
thats alot of money just to make customers happy!!

07BLACKXRU

Reaction score
If they are going to charge a ridiculous amount for it, just keep complaining and see if they can come down on the price, if you say "ill never comer here again" the usually find some way to lower it for you... I hate to be "that guy" but i hate over paying even more haha:laugh:

MaxRunner

Reaction score
Hey guys! I've had an "09 and now have a "10 and both of the clutch masters have squawked! It's worse in the summer heat.

Top Bottom