Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB ???s

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
whats the deal with TSBs n e way? when i went there, they said the TSB is only for cars under warranty???

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
TSB are repair updates for a paticular problem be it an updated part or something that needs to be known. There not a recall or automatic repair unless your having the problem there about. They can be done at anytime but if you are out of the warranty coverage time or mileage its not a free repair.

Example the TSB for the throw out bearing to replace it, arm, and slave cylinder if your having the noise when there bad is covered 6yrs or 60k miles under the drive train warranty. It can still be done afterwards but you have to pay for it.

AFP520

Reaction score
TSB are repair updates for a paticular problem be it an updated part or something that needs to be known. There not a recall or automatic repair unless your having the problem there about. They can be done at anytime but if you are out of the warranty coverage time or mileage its not a free repair.

Example the TSB for the throw out bearing to replace it, arm, and slave cylinder if your having the noise when there bad is covered 6yrs or 60k miles under the drive train warranty. It can still be done afterwards but you have to pay for it.
I just got around to reading about this and it's pretty sh*tty. Of course nobody from Toyota would ever notify owners about replacing the garbage parts that went into the truck in the first place before the warranty expired :argh:

Large

Reaction score
Thread revival but any dealer can perform TSBs even if out of warranty free of charge at their discretion.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Thanks, im sure this will help EVERYONE!!! but chime in anyone that has heard or told differently

Murderface

Reaction score
In NJ they won't touch ur truck with any mods on it. When I brought mine in it had headers and a catback and they told me to pound sand. Best part was I told them what I had on the truck ahead of time and they told me to bring it in and then didn't even want to touch it once they had it, total waste of a day

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
I just got around to reading about this and it's pretty sh*tty. Of course nobody from Toyota would ever notify owners about replacing the garbage parts that went into the truck in the first place before the warranty expired :argh:

I know for the more important issues VW will issue Required Vehicle Udate and we treat it like a recall. As you can see from Toyota history and why I left after 1 year there warranty department is some cheap mother fers.

Top Bottom