Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Windshield Wind Noise

Stevenredx

Reaction score
This is the TSB that resolves the "buzzing" noise coming from the windshield when at higher speeds, also occurs with a high head wind.

It says for 05 year only but i have read where 06 and 07 have had this TSB done as-well, there may be an updated version of it that applies to them but this is a good starting point.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 545
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 503
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:

Hitman

Reaction score
Great!!!! Now we can all be sealed up :laugh:

Yallrun

Reaction score
I was wondering WTF that was the other day. Thanks for putting that to rest, scared the crap out of me when I heard a mid range buuzzzzzzzzz. There was a strong head wind that day.

morcheez

Reaction score
mine does it all the time but i dont want those fockers at the dealer to drive my truck ...and it says 50 mph..hah mine doesnt do it till 80 ...then it says let the truck sit for 3 hours ...blah

Tapp

Reaction score
hmmm.. nice post steven.. is a very noticable noise?? or do you have to pay attention to it ,to notice it?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
hmmm.. nice post steven.. is a very noticable noise?? or do you have to pay attention to it ,to notice it?

Its noticeable, almost sounds like you have your window cracked open alittle. Also been refered to as a kazoo sound. :top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
i have it but I usually only hear it in a strong cross wind...No way it will be heard at 50 unless there is lots of wind

fuseaku

Reaction score
I've got an '05 and to my knowledge I can't recall ever hearing it.... maybe I've just never payed enough attention. Although, I think I'd be able to hear a kazoo noise! haha

morcheez

Reaction score
if u have the problem u would know it....mine is a very high pitched whistling noise ....and if i push on the windshield right on top of the rearview i can make it change tune :laugh:

rich017

Reaction score
I have that noise, but it only comes from my passenger access door.

Yallrun

Reaction score
if u have the problem u would know it....mine is a very high pitched whistling noise ....and if i push on the windshield right on top of the rearview i can make it change tune :laugh:

lol Yeah the first time I heard it, oh shat :ahhhhh: what just broke? :hmmmm2: lol

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard that noise once or twice on my 07. Any luck finding a TSB us 07 guys??

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I've heard that noise once or twice on my 07. Any luck finding a TSB us 07 guys??

I don't think they have released one for you guys, if you show them this one they may still take care of you. Maybe our master tech Jim can check to see if theres any updates to this TSB. :hmmmm2:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
I had this noise and I almost got rid of my X it was so bad, couldn't turn the music up loaud enough. All they did for me was seal the top of the windshield. They did not have to replace it. The noise has gone away and I am happy.

DOGO X

Reaction score
What about the warranty/ 3 yrs gone already :dontknow:

Top Bottom